Chapter 8: Catching Up

*Macey POV*

"You live here?" I all but shrieked.

After taking a rather long drive around Miami for Adrian's amusement, we were finally parked in the driveway of his new house. The word 'house' would be an understatement. A mansion– beach mansion to be exact–, now that's just the word. I shifted the sunglasses to the top of my head and stared.

The inviting looking mansion was a gigantic 3 story home with palm trees aligning the drive way. A few balconies stuck out on the 2nd and 3rd floor. A beautiful fountain with a naked angel was positioned in the middle of the circular drive way. The beach was no more than a 5-10 minute walk from here since it was just around the block. I was too busy gawking that I didn't realize Adrian get out if the car and make his way to my side to open the door. Shaking out of my daze, I stepped out of the car.

"I didn't realize you've taken up foster care, Adrian." I half teased, half serious. Even with Kelly and Oliver, that makes five people living in the Chapmen residence. Adrian gave me a small shove before grabbing my hand and towing me inside.

"We've got money, Macey. We're gonna use it." Adrian gloated. 

No shit he's got money! I swear the Angel's wings were real gold. GOLD!

"Yeah, yeah, Superstar." I mumbled under my breathe. Too bad Adrian has a freaky high sense of hearing. He held the door open for me, sending me a look as I walked in. I switched my gaze to my feet as I proceeded inside. I could've walked straight into a wall if the faint echo of my footsteps hadn't made me look up. I stopped in my tracks.

"No. Freaking. Way." I breathed out. The floor was shiny white marble. Sunlight flooded in from the several panes of windows of the house. A spiral staircase spun so high I had to crane my neck to see where it ended. I felt Adrian's arm wrap around my shoulder.

"How 'bout a tour?"

"Do you want me wandering around like a lost puppy?"

"I wouldn't mind." He shrugged. "It'd be cute."

I elbowed his stomach so he doubled over a little. "Just show me around."

"I promise you that I'm going to get lost if you leave me alone to wonder in your home, Adrian." I huffed while making my way down the spiral staircase. After taking a quest throughout the whole Chapmen house, there's about 15 rooms in the entire place with a man cave in the attic– courtesy of Adrian and his dad– and their own private pool in the backyard. I didn't understand the pool since there was a boardwalk leading to the beach from their backyard.

"Well then I shouldn't let you wander now, should I?" Adrian chuckled. Adrian took my hand and pulled me towards an archway that lead to the living room. Our footsteps echoed lightly throughout the house and faded within an instant. I took in all the riches around me and tried to get used to that this is what Adrian's life is now. Luxurious, grand, extravagant. Being around all these fancy furniture is starting to make me feel small and unworthy.

"Hey," Adrian's voice cut through my thoughts. "You okay?" He was staring down at me with a confused expression that made him look absolutley adorable. 

Stop it, Macey! That's your best friend! I snapped to myself. Shaking my head a little I gave him a smile.

"Yeah!" I chirped. "Just zoned out." 

"You're weird." Adrian snorted. He positioned me in front of the couch and then pushed me so I stumbled backwards. He pointed a finger at me. "Stay."

"Yes, Sir." I pouted my bottom lip and gave him a look. Adrian rolled his eyes before strutting into the kitchen. I giggled and clutched one of the couch pillows to my chest. The living room was probably one of the most cozy rooms in the mansion. There was a flat screen above a fireplace, a coffee table in the middle of the room with a couch and two smaller couches to the side. There was a small glass table at both ends of the couch I was sitting. A lamp and some books were at the other end while another lamp and a picture frame was on my side.