09.

UP IN FLAMES

CHAPTER NINE

Liv felt content every time Bellamy's touch was on her, so having his lips pressed against her forehead made her heart hammer and insides grow warm. What she really wanted to do right now was to snuggle up and melt into his embrace, but there was too much to do. There was no time for them to be alone right now, they had a war to prepare for. They had friends to save, and that was the top priority.

Now that the Grounders were on their side, that outcome was becoming much more realistic. There was more of a possibility that they'd be able to save them all, and even the Grounders. That was the ultimate goal. To get their friends and all the people locked up. She knew just how horrendous that feeling was, and she refused to let anyone else feel the fear. That kind of fear would never leave someone, Liv knew that better than anyone else.

Bellamy slowly pulled away, his hands still securely around her elbows. He noticed the content smile on Liv's lips, and she could feel the sensation of his lips still lingering upon her forehead. She sighed, opening her eyes and meeting his.

Her eyes studied his face, taking in the array of freckles blending in with his tanned skin, and the way strands of black hair fell over his forehead messily. She wanted to kiss him, but she knew that if she did, she would be swept away and her focus in regards to the problem at hand would disappear.

"When do you think Clarke will get back?" she questioned instead, knowing that Clarke went straight back to the Grounders camp after they brought Lincoln back to the land of the living.

"She's been there a while," Bellamy said. "She should be back soon."

Liv smiled, hope bubbling in her chest. "We're finally going to have a truce."

She could hardly believe it at this point. This was all so much, it was taking a while for Liv to fully process it. After everything they and the Grounders have been through in the past few months, she could barely believe they had finally gotten to this point.

"That's something I never saw happening," Bellamy mused, and Liv found her grin widening.

Everything they've worked for had lead them to this, and now it was time they took back their people. It was time she got back her brother. 

Reluctantly, Liv slipped out of Bellamy's grip, holding her hand out for him to reach. She nodded, Bellamy smiling faintly before lacing his fingers with her own, the two making their way toward the Ark.

She almost felt like a girl having her first crush, or then again, she was. She had never liked anyone before, seeing that she was locked in a jail cell for almost her entire life. But this felt like more than just a little crush like some of the teenagers on the Ark would have during the school year.

This was different. They had been through too much for this to just be a simple crush.

"Olivia!" a familiar, masculine voice called, and Liv found herself halting in her tracks.

Slowly, she turned, as did Bellamy. She found herself glancing at Bellamy in confusion, and Bellamy appeared to know just as much as she did. Finally, her eyes found the source of the voice, and she realized that she did indeed know this person. Not that she particularly liked this person considering he kind of freaked her out the first day she met him.

It was her doctor from the other day, Jake. The one who somehow knew her name before she gave it to him. The one who pestered her about her blood loss until she wanted to scream. In all honesty, she had no idea why he was even coming near her. Or why he was bringing another man along with him.