Chapter Twenty-One

I held my breath as I sunk deeper and deeper into the abyss. Everything was so red it was black, the bubbles forming around me. It felt very normal to me, just being suspended in space. It was safe, I knew what to expect. Nothing. There was nothing going to happen at all. I relaxed a bit, all the pains for fighting this constant battle leaving my mind. If it wasn't one thing it was another and to be honest I wanted it all to end. Wasn't sure if I dead or alive but I was at peace with whichever it was.

I closed my eyes, ignoring everything around me, which wasn't hard since there was nothing at all. I then heard an unexpected splash. I kept my eyes closed, choosing to ignore the interruption. If it turned out to be some lake creature waiting to kill me I would embrace it. Death wasn't something I worried about. Instead it was something I welcomed.

What I didn't expect was the arms that wrapped around me. I turned around and he was there again. Derek's green eyes seemed to glow at me, a warm smile on his face.

"Stiles, I never thought you would be the one who would give up." He whispered.

"You won't even let me die in peace will you?" I asked him.

"Not a chance. Last time I checked I was in love with a badass sexy hunter who had a sarcastic ass mouth." He whispered in my ear.

"So why not let me die and we'll be together forever?" I asked.

"Because you have tons of people that love and depend on you Stiles. Including that annoying ass anger management beta."

"You really hate Liam huh?" I asked, smiling softly.

"I just hate that he loves my mate. I don't hate him though. Not entirely. He's going to be there for you while I'm not. So tell him I said he better take care of you or I'll kill him." He whispered, leaning his forehead against mines.

"Is this real?" I asked softly.

"As real as you want it to be."

"Am I dead?" He shook his head, tapping his own forehead lightly. "So I'm just going crazy?" He shook his head. "Then what is it?"

"Roman's mind games. Though if you're not careful and give up you'll be trapped here forever. A vegetable on the outside while your mind's trapped on the inside. Don't become like that."

"What to do Derek?" I asked him suddenly.

"Fight it." He whispered in my ear. That's exactly what I did. I fought back with all my strength, feeling a tad bit weak and tired but that didn't stop me. Derek helped me as well.

He held my hand as we swam against the deep red sea, swimming upwards. Everything started to get harder. The current tried to take us away, the water became thicker and harder to swim through. I could see the light. Most times that was something I was supposed to be staying away from but Derek led me to it. Right to the surface and with one final hug and a kiss on the lips Derek pushed me upwards and I broke the surface.

I lurched forward, gasping for air and was automatically enveloped in a hug. Liam's tear stricken face smashed against the side of mines and I squeezed him back.

"I thought you left me." He whispered. "At first you were screaming and then nothing. You were barely breathing and I was breaking apart."

"I'm sorry." I whispered, grabbing his face and pulling him away. I wiped the tears from those blue eyes before kissing him gently. "You're not getting rid of me that easily." I said after I broke the kiss.

"Well this reunion is cute and all but we have more pressing matters." Lexi said from a bit away. I looked over to my alpha and bit back the vile in my throat. She looked like Hell. One eye was barely open, there was three long slashes across her face, one arm hung loosely at her side, a large amount of blood soaked her shirt and I could see some of the muscles in her leg. Literally the muscles. The fact that she was still moving after she looked like she got ran over by a bus five times amazed me.