Chapter 14

A couple of days passed. Kajal was now sitting in her balcony again looking at her sky. Today, her smile was attributed to a combination of the view before her and the music above her head. He was playing another beautiful song on the guitar. Today, he was humming along as well. No words...just hum.

She knew she should probably leave him alone. Her life was uncomplicated. She went to work and came back home. Her job that she had fought for through hundreds of applicants. The home that she worked so hard to afford. She didn't need anything else. But did she want something? She didn't want to answer that question. For now, the music was enough.

As the song ended, she threw a message up. It read, "You know..."

She got back, "I know a lot of things. You have got to be a little more specific."

She sent, "That coffee shop has heavenly cupcakes."

The reply was, "I can safely say this was not part of my knowledge. What do you propose we do to remedy the abundance of cupcakes lying in vain in that store?"

She smiled as she wrote back, "I would say we break in and steal the lot..."

The note in reply was "A homewrecker and a thief. You do not cease to amaze me, Earthling."

She tossed back, "However, I didn't want to tarnish your reputation."

The reply read, "I wasn't bothered about my reputation in particular."

Then another note fell in, "When it comes to cupcakes."

She wrote back with a reluctant smile, "I meant I bought a box already. There's a park next to the coffee shop. Would you like to take a "walk?"

She waited for a reply. Instead, she got a ring on her doorbell. She strode to open the door and found Vikramaditya standing there with his hands in pockets. He was dressed in plain white t-shirt with black track pants. He also had on a metal watch on his wrist. He looked the way he always did. As though he had a world of secrets and had all the time in the world to share them. He was as Vikramaditya as could be.

He gestured out the door and asked, "Shall we?"

Kajal said, "Well, come in. I need to grab the cakes." As she walked into the kitchen and picked up the box from the counter, she watched him follow her. She said, "Um wait here. I'll just go get a jacket. It's a bit nippy outside." He simply nodded.

As she got back armed with a sweatshirt, she saw him surveying her fridge. She walked over slowly and stood next to him. She watched his smooth brown eyes scan each note and actually saw a smile form on his face in the process. She said, "I know. I like my life to be organized. Now can we go, please?"

He turned his head to direct his smile at her. She felt a little lost in her own home. She tugged at her jacket and said, "Don't you need a jacket? It's cold outside."

He looked up at the fridge again and pulled the cap that lay on top of it. He fixed it on his head and said, "I'm all set."

She looked at his eyes now shaded from everything else with the cap pulled over his head. Then she looked up and read Naina's writing at the side of the cap. It must have missed his normally sharp gaze. It gaped back at her in bold black letters.

"THE BOYFRIEND"

Author's Note: Okay I am in the zone today and I am going to give all of my favourite readers (yes that's all of you!) a special surprise. And that is a bonus chapter. Chapter 15 should be uploaded in the next few minutes. – S