26-♪- Be Still

♪-Chapter- 26

                                    When darkness comes upon you

                                    And covers you with fear and shame.

                                    Be still and know that I'm with you

                                    And I will say your name.

                                            ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

            “I’m switching what?” I ask dully, slouched in my chair.

            “Sit up,: my mother commands, shooting me a displeased look as Carmina sits beside me, smelling like fresh rose out of a bottle.

            My mother paces the kitchen, a magazine clutched in her palms as my father lounges on the kitchen island, typing away on his laptop.

            “You’re switching schools with Carmina,” my mother repeats like I was daft.

            “Why?” I snap. “I’m a senior. I can’t just switch.”

            “Watch it Aria. We’ve put up with your desolate, sullen mood lately but no more. You’re switching and that’s final.”

            “Why?” I repeat.

            She slaps the magazine in her hand onto the table and involuntarily, I flinch.

            On the cover, a familiar boy with icy grey ices and a handsome smile grins alluringly at the camera, a guitar perched on his knee. My heart stops and I suck in a shaky breath, my eyes prickling. It’s been three weeks and I’ve had no response from teegan. I was beginning to wonder if what we had was only a fleeting dream.

            Only the faded picture of us convinced me otherwise.

            The magazine page is titled, California’s Golden Boy to attend William Heights High.

            Controlling my emotions, I force myself to glance up at my mother through my eyelashes; my lips form a straight line. “So…”

            My mother rolls her eyes muttering something about stupidity but just as she is about to respond, I feel Carmina’s icy fingers latch onto my arm.

            Grunting in surprise and discomfort, I try to detach myself but she clings tighter. “He is so hot. We would be so great together,” she gushes.

            I clench my fists, tightening my jaw.

            I close my eyes.

            “I’m not going to switch highschool just for you to pursue your new love interest,” I growl out, roughly jerking my arm away so Carmina slips off of her chair.

            “Carmina!” my mother exclaims, rushing to her.

            Carmina waves her off, glaring at me. “You’re going to deny me my true love?”