Yay! The Public Pays Me To Hurt People

Chapter 16

"Is it really okay for an assassin to give away his base of operations?" Hisoka asks Illumi who had just told Gon where his home is, which happens to be where Killua had run off to.

"Sure, it isn't a secret or anything." Illumi turns around to face Hisoka who is leaning on a pillar, arms crossed in front of him. "The locals all know where we live. Well, I'm sure they'll understand once they arrive. We live in completely different worlds." I walk out from the other side of Hisoka's pillar.

"So that's where you were, Skyler. I was wondering when you were going to come out." Illumi says and I make a noticeable glance toward Illumi's arm.

"Oh, this? Yep, it's broken." Hisoka's mouth curves up into a dangerous smile. "He has incredible potential. I can understand why you want to see him grow up."

"I don't really think Hisoka is particularly looking forward to when Gon is grown up." I laugh and Hisoka gives me a wink. Illumi, however, continues to have deep thoughts about Gon. Probably ones about how "useful" he could be and such. Hisoka picks up on them, his ominous aura is surrounding him as he speaks.

"Don't you know, Gon is my prey." Hisoka says dangerously. "Touch him, and you'll suffer the consequences.

"I know. I've only known you for a short while, but I know your tastes." Illumi says.

"Yeah, small boys who wear booty shorts and knee high boots, pedophile." I mutter beneath my breath. Hisoka glares at me.

"Fine, sorry, sorry. You may now continue, Illumi."

"So, what are you going to do now?" Illumi asks us.

"Wait patiently..... For the fruit to ripen..." Hisoka says incredibly sadistically, and I actually feel a bit uncomfortable. Hisoka's eyes look drunk and his mouth is open as his aura swirls around him.

"Yeah, don't mind the pedo." I mutter waving my hands around in front of his face, and Hisoka is probably imagining Gon's butt right now so he doesn't even notice my response. "But, I have no plans. Where are you going?"

"Back home, I've have a lot of jobs to catch up on. The family business awaits."

"Oh," That doesn't particularly sound very interesting. "I'll be staying with Hisoka, you know, make sure he doesn't pluck the fruit to early." There really is nothing else for me to do, and I feel like if I stay with Hisoka, things could actually get interesting in my boring life.

"Of course, Skyler." Illumi starts to walk away. "Maybe, I'll see you?"

"Maybe..." I trail off as he leaves and I get one last glimpse of his hypnotizing, swishing hair. I turn back to Hisoka who is still fantasizing about who knows what.

"Hisoka."

No response.

"Hisoka."

No response.

I walk over to him and press my face closer.

"HISOKA!" I yell at the same time I punch him in the stomach. His abs freeze solid before my hand hits him, and it feels the same as punching a brick wall, maybe thicker. He grabs my arms and pulls me close so he is looking down at me.

"Never do that again, Skyler." Hisoka says in a deep voice and then lets go of my arms and I'm left in a bit of shock.

Our bodies were pressed together.

The shock passes, thankfully, in less than a second, and my face is angry.

"Whatever, you were ignoring me, what else was I supposed to do?" He looks at me, and a sexy smirk crosses his face. Then he freaking, god damnit, has the nerve to wink at me again. I sigh.