New guy

AU: Derek is the hot new guy at school...

Stiles POV

I run down the halls, fumbling with my keys and a pile of books towering up in my arms.

"'Scuse me," I shout into the crowd. "Sorry.... Out of the way, sorry, 'scuse-"

"Shit!" Hisses a voice. Though I don't see who it was because I lost my footing and had come tumbling to the floor. Fuck. My books splay out around me, loose papers floating to the ground slowly. I sit back on my knees, collecting my books up again, quietly cursing to myself under my breath.

"Hey! I am so sorry!" Chuckles the voice again. I look up to see who it was, and realise it's the new guy. Damn, he sure was hot. What was his name again? Dean? Darren? A cheeky grin appears on his face as he holds out his hand for me to take.

"Don't worry about it." I mumble, holding his hand and letting him pull me up to my feet. He was strong; his firm grip was nice around my flimsy hand, protective.

"Oh, uh, I'm Stiles by the way." I smile at him, holding out my hand for him to shake, which he does.

"Derek." He says. Then that smile again.

"Nice to meet you, Derek." I say, testing out his name in my mouth; it rolls smoothly off my tongue and it's nice to say.

"And you. Hey, I guess I'll see you around sometime." He smiles again.

"Yeah. See you around." I say as he turns and walks away.

***

"Okay? So? What's your point. He helped you up, and...?" Pouts Lydia, her nose crinkled judgmentally.

"And he is the hottest guy in the world! I swear, Lydia, his smile! Oh god, his smile!" I gush like a 13 year old girl, thinking back to Derek's face.

"Damn, I wanna meet this guy. You haven't been this excited over someone since, like, me." She shrugs. I nod back eagerly.

"Exactly!" I yell back, a little too loud, making the girl near us turn around.

"Sorry, Cora." Smiles Lydia, looking at the girl. Another new person?

"It's cool. I'm Cora, by the way." The girl says then turns and faces me, her hand out for me to shake it.

"Oh, hi... I'm Stiles." I say, shaking her hand.

"Stiles, huh? I recognise the name. Do I know you?" She asks, her eyes squinting slightly, her perfectly plucked eyebrows raised.

"Uh... No? I thought you were new." I say, frowning.

"I am. Me and my brother just moved here." She tells me. Her brother?

"Oh. Who's he?" I ask.

"He's called Derek. Kinda frowny, dark hair, tall." She describes him.

"Oh, I met him. Earlier. He bashed into me and made me drop my books." I chuckle.

"I knew I recognised the name!" She yells out.

"H-he told you about me?" I ask, curious.

"Told me? God, he wouldn't shut up about you!" She gossips, her mouth hanging open in a wide smile.

"Really?" I ask, my eyes wide.

She laughs again. "Yeah, I think he kinda likes you. Well, I'm convinced he does." She winks, then nudges me, making my face go red.

"Damn, now I really wanna see this guy!" Squeals Lydia. I roll my eyes at her.

He likes me? Mr dark, tall and handsome likes me? Holy shit.