Chapter 14

"Oh my" Sarah gasped as she looked at me now in my dress, "You look beautiful Florence" She said grinning. I smiled a small smile, and looked into the mirror, shocked at what I was seeing.

Staring back at me was a beautiful woman, that woman being me.

My hair was done up into a neat bun, with loose natural curls either side of my face, with a small white flower placed behind my ear.My dress was a crisp white, which flowed down to the floor with elagance, with small ruffles at the bottom.

"I look..."   

"beautiful" A voice cut in making me gasp, I turned round to see my farther at the door smiling at me with pride.

"Father" I whispered running into his arms, it had been a long time since I had been in his arms, and it felt right.

"You look amazing Florence, im so proud of you, im sorry you have to do this" He whispered, a small tear coming down his cheek, he looked so different, his skin was much more paler, his body skinny and boney like he had not eaten in weeks, his skin so fragile that it looked like you could just touch him and he would break. 

"It is not your fault father, what is done is done, aslong as you are here with me for today" I said holding onto his hand as he let out a small sob. 

"Im sorry Florence but we must hurry, or you shall be late for your own wedding" Sarah's small voice took me out of mine and father's moment. I nodded and gulped.

Time to get married to the man I despise.

----------

My stomach turned as I stared at the door infront of me, my father's arm linked with mine as I waited for the signal. 

Suddenly the doors opened and I take a breathe.

"I love you Florence" My father whispered.

"Love you too" I say back, taking a deep breath.

We began to walk through the doors and down the isle, everyones eyes wide on me as I slowly walked, trying my best not to trip over my dress.

Before I knew what was happening, my father pecked my cheek and smiled at me, I felt sick in my stomach but I ignored it and turned round to face Lord Raziel.

"My darling you look lovely " He said smirking at me, I flinched but kept my posture as he handed out his hands for me to take, I took them shakily and looked up at the vicar who nodded and began to speak, but my mind was somewhere else.

What would Daniel say or do if he could see me?

If he was still alive would it would me and him instead?

Suddenly I felt a pinch, bringing me out of my thoughts and back to where I was. Lord Raziel had his fingers still positioned to pinch me again, so I lightly pulled away making him quietly grumble and pull tighter on my hands making me gasp. 

The vicar was still talking, oblivious to what was going on. 

Lord Raziel's eyes were on mine, dark with lust, I looked up at the vicar instead who was now gesturing to the people who sat grinning, some even crying. 

People who I hardly know, happy for me.

The vicar then gestured to Lord Raziel and I and spoke up.

“Now if anyone has any objection to this young couple being joined by marriage, please let yourself be known to the room.” The vicar proclaimed. I glanced around hopefully but no one stepped forwards, no one raised a hand, no one saved me.