My Name Is Mason Landson

Edited

"Mama? Where are we going?" I asked as we walked through the woods. Mama's hair was up in a bun while she carried a lot stuff in her bag. Daddy was ahead with a gun, a big one. I was carrying my dark purple backpack, with all my coloring stuff and Ika, my stuffed animal.

We have been in the woods for days. Mama packed all our stuff up and put it in Daddy's small grey car. We got stuck in traffic and then big booms came. The booms made everyone get scared, like me. Mama had picked me up with some of our bags and ran. We almost left Ika, but Daddy grabbed her when he grabbed his bag.

We headed for the woods. There were monsters everywhere. They want to eat people! It was scary, but Mama said she would protect me. At night, we would have a little fire. Daddy said he learned it from being a boy scout. He said it was like camping. We slept in sleeping bags that kept us warm. Mama and Daddy would switch times to sleep. Mama said it is to make sure no monsters get us.

Once a monster got me. He grabbed my leg and Daddy had to use a knife and stab his head! That's how Daddy got his gun. Mama promised she would protect me from them.

"Mason, keep up." She said softly, so I ran to her side. I looked around the bigs woods. They were so big. I was so worried that I could get lost. A pounding sound filled my ears as I grabbed Mama's hand.

"Mama, what happens if I get lost? What if I get lost and when someone finds me I can't remeber my name or my problem so they just leave me and-" I couldn't breathe. Anytime I started to talk fast my chest tightened. The Doctors said it was a panic attack.

"Harrison!" Mama called as she took her bag off. Daddy turned and saw I was in trouble. He ran over and got on his knees with Mama to look at me. Mama put me in her arms and rubbed my back. I put my face in her neck so I can smell her. She always smells like flowers. "Shhh baby girl, you are okay, I promise."

"It's okay Mason Jar, We are gonna protect you." Daddy said as he held my cheek and got me to stand up by myself. I took a deep breath and felt a bit better. But I was still so scared.

"What if that happens Mama?" I croaked, I felt my tears fall down my face. Mama looked at Daddy then had a small smile on her face. Mama then went into her bag a pulled out a black marker. Then she took my arm and wrote on it. Daddy brushed the hair out of my face, and Mama was done.

My Name is Mason Landson, I am 5 years old and I have Asperger's Syndrome

I smiled. "Now you know and so will everyone else okay?" She kissed my forehead and we continued. 

I knew I had a problem in my head but I never knew the word. We found out when I was two. Daddy noticed when I would tug at my fingers all the time, and I didn't know how to talk to people. I couldn't stop, or realize when too. So they found other things for me to do, like draw. I was also good at Math.

"Julie, look!" Daddy said and pointed to an old white house that looked empty. I sat outside while Mama and Daddy looked inside. They put me on watch. I made sure no monsters came to this spot. Mama and Daddy said that any time we find a house that is clear, we don't have to sleep outside.

After awhile they told me to come inside. Mama set up my sleeping back and Daddy warmed up some beans. They tasted funny. Mama and Daddy pulled out a giant piece of paper with green on it and began to talk about a safe place. I took out Ika and laid on my sleeping bag and slowly drifted to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to Mama shaking me and packing up my stuff. She was rushing and shaking.

"Mama?" I said softly, trying to wake up more. She dragged me to another room and put me in the closet with my bag and some of our supplies. I looked to see her face was red and wet. She seemed upset. "Mama? What's going on?"

"Mason, do not leave until it is safe okay?" She said in a whisper. I nodded and opened my mouth to say something but she shushed me." No talking, no sounds okay?.........I love you sweetheart. Both me and your Daddy Love you very much."

She kissed my fore head and closed the closet door. I squeezed Ika. I covered my mouth, so I made no noises. Sometimes I would play the quiet game if we had important people come over. I am scared. I am so scared cause it's dark and I can barley see.

Then I heard the noises.

Monsters.

I heard Mama and Daddy screaming in pain. I had to cover my mouth as I felt more water fall from my face. I heard Daddy screaming to my Mama, saying he loves her.

Then it just stopped. Only thing I heard was monsters.

I started to cry harder. I didn't know what to do. I sat there for a long time. So long That The sun came up and I could see. I opened the door a little.

No monsters.

I stepped out and saw an open window. I grabbed our.... I mean my supplies and jumped out the window and ran.

I ran and ran.

 The woods were scary alone. I didn't know where I was. Then I heard screaming and I walked towards there, maybe I could find help.

Maybe I could find someone.