Part 1

Kili walks into your room and smiles immediately when he sees you. "Fili told me that you wanted to see me." He says. You nod and give him a weak smile. Kili is your boyfriend, but also your best friend. Over the course of a week, you've decided you just want to remain best friends with Kili, and nothing more. Kili crosses the floor to you, picks up your hands, and kisses you deeply. You don't kiss him back. He notices immediately and pulls back. "Y/N?" He asks in confusion. "Is everything okay?" He asks. You take a deep breath and let it out shakily. "Actually, Kili, no, everything is not okay." You answer, turning away from him. You stare out your window, fighting back the tears. "What's wrong?" Kili asks, putting his hands on your shoulders and slowly massaging them. You sniff. "I, uh..." You stammer. You sigh and close your eyes. You lick your lips before continuing. "I have to break up with you." You whisper. Kili stops massaging your shoulders and you feel him stiffen behind you. "What..." He asks lowly. You roll your lips and slowly open your eyes. With tears sliding out of your eyes, you gasp out, "I'm sorry.". "I-I-I don't... understand." Kili sputters. You turn to face him. "Do-do you not love me anymore?" He asks, his eyebrows drawing. Tears shine in his eyes. "No, no, I do. I still love you." You cry. "Then why?" Kili asks, shaking his head slowly. "Is-is there someone else?" He asks. "No!" You exclaim, your eyes widening. "Then what, Y/N? We were happy together." He says. "Weren't we?" He questions you. You nod. "We were, we were happy." You cry. "Then please, Y/N, help me understand why you're doing this." He whispers, tears sliding down his cheeks. You sniff and take a deep breath. "What-what happens if we continue this relationship but then something comes between us and ends this relationship badly? Do you think we would still be best friends? We've been friends since we were babies-I can't imagine my life without you. And if something comes between us, some rift, we'd not only be exes but our friendship relationship would be... awkward and-and weird." You explain. "So you're just going to end it then? To make sure that something doesn't come between us?" Kili asks. You nod. He sighs. "That somehow makes no sense, yet all the sense in the world ." He mutters. "But what if, Y/N, nothing ever comes between us? What if you're just fearing something that might not ever happen?" He asks. "I don't want to take that chance. I want to remain best friends with you--with no awkwardness. I know you'll always be there for me, no matter what. But if this... rift does come between us when we're dating, I wouldn't be able to go to you without feeling weird, you know?" You say. Kili removes his hands from your shoulder. "I know, Y/N." He says, nodding. He sniffs and takes a step back. He holds out his hand. "Best friends till we die?" He asks, smiling. You smile and shake his hand. "And even until the ether." You add.

A few months go by with Kili and you remaining the best of friends, minus the romantic relationship. Everything in your life seems right, until one day you see Kili with another woman. You jump behind a tree, not wanting them to see you. You watch as Kili picks up her hands. "Lilliana?" He asks. "Yes, Kili?" She asks sweetly, her long silky blond hair blowing with the wind. You clench your jaw. Despite ending your relationship with Kili, you still love him deeply. "I really like you, Lilliana." Kili says. "And I really like you, Kili." The woman says, smiling. "Would-would you do me the honor of going on a date with me?" He asks. You gasp, your jaw dropping and your eyes widening in horror. You run off, not even wanting to hear her answer. Later, when you're home, Kili comes over to tell you the good news that he's found himself a girlfriend. You act joyous, though inside you're angry, hurt, and heartbroken.

You see less and less of Kili once he starts dating Lilliana. It's almost as if he's ignoring you. One day, you decide to go over to his house and have a little talk with him. You knock on his door and he opens it. "Hey, Lil-" He stops short when he sees that it's you. "Oh, it's you." He says, disappointment flooding his eyes. You take a deep breath. "Can we talk please?" You ask. Kili closes the door behind him. "Sure, what about?" He asks. "Is there a reason why I haven't seen you for the past month?" You ask. "I've been busy." He answers. "With Lilliana?" You ask. He slowly starts pacing. "It doesn't matter." He mutters. "Are-are you ignoring me?" You ask. Kili whirls around. "Yes! Yes, I've been ignoring you!" He snaps angrily. You flinch. "But why?" You ask. "Because every single time I look at you, I feel guilty!" He says. Your eyebrows draw in confusion. "For once in my life, I'm completely happy. With no worries whatsoever. I love Lilliana, Y/N. But every single time I look at your face and into those eyes, you guilt trip me without saying anything, and that kills me the most! You're not getting in the way of my happiness." Kili says. You stare at him incredulously. "Do you really think so little of me that I would do that? I only want your happiness!" You exclaim. "But you've somehow managed to take it away!" Kili snaps. "What are you even talking about?!" You cry. "I've never gotten in the way of Lilliana and you!" You shout. "You have though! You won't leave my life, my thoughts... everything!" Kili yells. "Well, then, I guess I'll just leave then. Forever." You state coldly, before stalking away from him.

Months go by without seeing or talking to Kili. It's murderous on you, but you're too stubborn to go and see him. You walk through the forest, armed with your bow, preparing to occupy yourself with archery. You pull up short when you see Kili sitting at the river, his bow resting on the ground beside him. Your chin starts to quiver but you quickly control yourself. You let out a quiet sigh and turn around, preparing to go a different way. You step forward and a branch snaps underneath your foot. You groan. "Y/N?" Kili asks surprised. You slowly turn around to face him. "Hey." You say slowly, looking to the ground. "Um, hi." He replies. You nod and start walking backwards. "I'll, uh, I'll let you get back to what you were doing." You stammer, before turning on your heel and running off. "Y/N, wait!!" You hear Kili scream. You ignore him, wanting nothing to do with him. "Please, stop, Y/N! I need to talk with you!" He begs. The tone in his voice makes you skid to a halt. Breathing heavily, you turn around. He actually sounds... sad and regretful. Kili stops in front of you, panting. "Th-thank you." He says. "What is it? What do you want?" You ask. "Y/N, I'm so sorry for the way I treated you the last time we saw each other. I was stupid and foolish. And I'm sorry." Kili blurts out. You stare at him, your face passive. "I, um, I realized my mistake after you left. The reason why you could never leave my mind is because I was-am still in love with you. I wasn't seeing guilt in your eyes, I was feeling it through my body." He explains. Tears fill his eyes. "I'm sorry, Y/N, for everything I put you through. I still love you. I'm still in love with you. And I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me." He whispers. "What about Lilliana?" You ask hoarsely. "I don't love her, Y/N. I actually don't even like her. She is really annoying." Kili answers. You take a deep breath and step closer to him. "I forgive you, Kili. And I still have feelings for you." You whisper. You smile weakly. "I love you, Y/N." Kili cries, drawing you into his arms. "I love you too." You say. He tilts your head back and kisses you passionately.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!