Chapter 37 - Right Things at Right Place

"Come sit", Nanu ordered him directing him to the couch in front of him.

"It's okay Nanu..I mean uncle...I mean Mr. Mehta", Manik was probably this nervous for the first time in his entire life. His want to have me in his life was certainly making him do a lot of first time things in his life.

"So this is the reason why you are here", Nanu sat comfortably while Manik stood in front of him like a culprit who dared to eye his granddaughter.

"I love her and I am here to take her back", he said it loud and clear. He could never think twice about having me in his life and saying it out loud.

"And just about who made you think that I will let you do that.", Nanu spat at him bluntly.

"I don't know beating around the bush Mr. Mehta so I will get to the point straight..there were mistakes that I had done in past but now I am rectifying them gradually..Nandini is pregnant with my baby and most definitely she needs to take good care of herself which is not happening here in this stressful environment..I know I should have told you about it earlier but then.."

"So Ragini was not wrong then..every time she tried to warn me about you I silenced her", Nanu gave every possible sign to run shivers down his spine.

"Mr. Mehta please..we love each other and I shall always take care of her and our baby..you know Nandini will never be happy amongst those vultures and when I am here to take the responsibility then there is no need for you to go ahead with this compromise, they are just after your money and you too know that.", Manik was putting in his best efforts to sound sincere and genuine and he was actually.

Nanu left the chair and paced the room steadily. Manik's eyes followed his movements and waited for him to talk further.

"I hate to agree but you are right..", Nanu took a long pause before he started again.." yes they are just after my money...Dhruv's father tricked me to sign those property transfer papers although we had decided earlier that it would be done on the wedding day"

"What????", Manik was baffled at the sudden revelation. He had an idea about the deal and also knew that I had somehow diverted it till the wedding day and this sudden piece of information was nothing less than a shock for him.

"Yes no one knows about it neither Nandini nor Ragini and now they want my Jamnagar factory as well..the wedding is tomorrow and they are indirectly threatening me to make Nandini pregnancy news public if I don't give into their demands..its not about money but I can't bear my girls respect to be spoilt in front of everyone", for the first time he felt weak and helpless. It was like tons of weight was put on the shoulders of this generous old man.

"I will kill those ba*s**d*", Manik was seething with anger now after knowing the deeds of those low life's

"I am helpless..I don't know what to do??..how to stop them??", Nanu thumped back on the chair.

Manik didn't know if he should break their jaws or console Nanu first. He really respected him and it was hard for him to see him in this state knowing how important Nanu was to me. Manik composed himself first and took a moment to think.

"What if something happens from their side??..what is Dhruv says no to this marriage??", Manik suggested in an uncertain tone.

"But why will he do that?? He had himself agreed to this alliance besides I don't think his parents will let him withdraw."

"Leave that on me Nanu...amm Nanu..just give me 24 hours and I will set everything right..just tell me when did you sign those papers."

"Day before yesterday but why??", Nanu replied calmly but didn't quite understand what importance this information had.