7

Dear diary,

Spending a month with Bonnie and Damon has been somewhat refreshing, mainly because I feel less insane with other people to speak to than Kai.

Besides, Bonnie and I have developed a great friendship, it's nice to speak to another girl and I know she must feel the same. While Damon and I, we enjoy teasing each other so we're on good terms.

I rarely hear or see Kai, he occasionally visits to check up everything to make sure I'm following his plan, but it's difficult when he won't let me know the details.

And it's making me feel terrible to lie to Damon and Bonnie. But I'm desperate to leave this hell and if a few have to be told then oh well.

- Riley

I shut my diary, hiding it in my bedroom. I quickly showered and changed into a pair of shorts with a black tee.

Scooping my hair up into a bun, I made my way downstairs. Bonnie was, as usual, sitting at the kitchen island trying to complete the crossword.

She had been stuck on one line for weeks and I complete forgot what the answer was, despite Kai telling me it. Damon was making pancakes and dancing along with the music that blasted through the radio. The two of them still in their pyjamas.

"Morning." I said to them over the music. Damon waved and Bonnie patted the seat next to her so I sat down.

"I need to change your wardrobe, Riley." She stated, running her hand through her short dark brown hair.

I looked down at my outfit then shrugged. "Why I like my style." I defended, resting my head in my hand.

Bonnie rolled her eyes. "Come on, Riley you need a new look to yourself."

"Why?" I whined. "Who am I suppose to impress? Damon?"

Damon turned around, handing me a plate of pancakes. "Sorry, Riley you're not my type." He winked. I rolled my eyes.

"And you're not my type."

"I'm everyone's type."

"Except me."

"Whatever." He scoffed, leaning on the island while he ate.

I rolled my eyes, looking back at Bonnie. "See, I don't have to change." I said, putting a forkful of food in my mouth.

Bonnie sighed. "Fine, I'm just bored and giving you a makeover would've been fun."

I shrugged. "There's always Damon."

"Excuse me?" He asked, looking horrified.

Bonnie and I laughed at his face. "Maybe another day." I whispered.

"I heard that!"

I laughed. "Stupid vampire hearing." He winked, chewing on the food in his mouth.

"You two are the most annoying people ever." He told Bonnie and I. I shrugged and Bonnie went back to the crossword.

"How have I still not got this?" Bonnie complained, throwing the pen on the counter in frustration.

I glanced over her shoulder. "Aww...Bon-bon isn't so smart after all." Damon teased.

Bonnie glared, picking up the pen and threw it in his face. Damon ducked, just in time and I laughed. "I swear as soon as I get my magic back, Damon."

Damon rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, yeah."

When everyone finished, I cleaned up, while Damon and Bonnie got dressed. I hummed to fill the silent atmosphere.