Chapter One: Group

The forest was easy to get lost in. I tried following the screams I heard before but It wasn't doing much. I knew the city not the forest. The wind picked up, giving me chills. Then I heard yelling. I hid behind a tree and saw the RV with the men in front arguing.

"Rick Grimes, Something you want to tell me?" One man yelled. He was tall and wore a tank top, he had squirrels on his shoulder and a big bow gun.

"Your brother was a danger to us all. So I handcuffed him on a roof, hooked him to a piece of metal. He is still there." The other man said. He was dirty and had a white T-shirt on, I think that was Rick. The Bow gun man started to pace.

"Hold on, let me process this. You're sayin' you handcuffed my brother to a roof and YOU LEFT HIM, THERE!" He was angry, and I could tell he was upset.

"Yeah." Rick said. Bow man then threw his squirrels at Rick and lunged at him, but another guy in a hat tackled Bow man, so he couldn't get Rick. Then Bow Man took out a knife.

"Watch the knife." A black man said. Bow man slashed at Rick but missed, then he slashed again but Rick blocked and Hat man came behind Bow man and put his arm around his neck.

"You best let me go!" Bow Man said, but he was struggling.

"Nah, I think it's better I don't." Hat man said, still holding his grip on bow man. Bow man's face was turning red.

"Choke hold's illegal!" Bow Man Spat.

"You can file a complaint. Come on man, We'll keep this up all day." Hat man said. Then Rick came close to Bow Man's face.

"I'd like to have a calm discussion on this topic. Do you think we can mange that?" Bow man said nothing. "Do you think we can manage that?" Rick said but with a harsher tone. Then he nodded at Hat man and let Bow man go. He fell to the ground on his knees.

"What I did was not on a whim, your brother does not work and play well with others." Rick said calmly, then the Black man stepped up.

"It's not Ricks fault. I had the key, I dropped it." He couldn't look Bow man in the face.

"You couldn't pick it up?!" Bow man said out of breath.

"Well, I dropped it in a drain." Bow man got on all fours and still was trying to catch his breath. He got up and walked towards The black man.

"If it's supposed to make me feel better, It don't." Bow man spat at the black man.

"Maybe this will. Look I chained the door to the roof so the geeks couldn't get at him. With a padlock." The black man said.

"It's gotta count for something." Rick said while stepping closer. Bow man wiped the tears from his eyes to stay tough.

"Hell with all y'all! Just tell me where he is so's I can go get him." Bow man said all broken up. That was mean what they did to his brother.

"He'll show you. Isn't that right?" A brown haired lady said. She was skinny and stared at Rick.

"I'm going back." Rick said. The lady went into the RV and I moved my foot back.

SNAP

I stepped on a stick and made noise. They were all looking in my direction and head towards me with weapons. I walked back and hid behind another tree.

"Hold up!" Rick yelled. I peeked and saw them. Everyone lowered there weapons a little. Rick stepped towards me and I crawled back. I was scared.

"It's okay, My name is Rick. I am a police officer." He said softly while putting his stick down and kneeling to my level. I waved to him.

When you meet someone, don't talk so you don't scare them. Mama said all the time.

"What's your name?" Rick asked as he put his hand towards me. I stayed silent but I looked at his hand. "Okay what's on your arm?" I looked at my arm and it was what Mama wrote so I wouldn't forget. I rolled my sleeve up and showed it to him. 

"Okay Mason, Are you alone?" I nodded. "Come with me, we will take care of you." I was hesitant but I took his hand, It was a lot bigger than mine. He brought me to the camp. There were a lot of people.

"Everyone, this is Mason. She is 5 years old and she is gonna be stayin' with us." Rick announced. Then an older man came over. He was wearing a funny hat.

"Hi I am Dale. I read your arm. My neighbors son had that. It is okay to talk." I looked at him and he seemed kind.

"Hi." I said softly, and Dale smiled. He reminded me of Grandpa Luke. "You have a funny hat." I told him, making everyone giggle including him.

"It is a fishermen's hat, keeps the sun out of my eyes." He said. 

"It is still funny looking." I giggled. Then Hat man and Bow Man came over. 

"Hi Mason, Im Shane and that is Daryl." Shane said. He was tall and so was Daryl. Daryl seemed upset still.

"That wasn't nice." I told Shane making everyone turn to me in confusion.

"What wasn't?" Dale asked.

"You handcuffed his brother. That was mean. And then you got mad when Daryl got mad. That wasn't nice. That is his brother and family. You should say your sorry." I said. Rick and  Shane looked at each other while Daryl smirked. I walked over to Daryl.

"Im sorry, but we can get him back. Daddy said no matter what you can't take family away." Shane then pulled me away while Daryl and Rick talked.

"So it looks like the only tent left is with Daryl, that okay." Shane said.

"Yeah, but you have to say sorry for hurting him." Shane laughed and walked away. But pointed to where the tent was.

This was my new home I guess, and I was already getting on people's nerves.