Chapter 58

A'leah

"He hasn't been home in a week dad. He's still not answering my calls, I don't even know if he's okay." I cried.

"I'm sure he's fine babygirl. Maybe he just needed his space." My dad said.

"For a whole week!?" I yelled.

"Pregnant or not I'll still beat your ass A'leah Briana. You wonder why August hasn't been home in a week." He said sternly.

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"You can only say your sorry so many times. Your mother does the same shit. Why do you think we don't live under the same roof anymore? It was either that or we get a divorce."

"Are you happy?"

"My happiness comes and goes. Do I deserve to be happy, of course, but I love your mother. I just don't love her that much to stay in the same house with her." He chuckled.

"You are terrible daddy." I giggled.

"Your gonna end up just like her if you don't cut it out A'leah. I'm telling you this because I believe that you can change. As for your mother, it maybe a little to late for her. But that doesn't mean I'll stop loving her." He said honestly.

"But daddy-"

"I don't wanna hear it A'leah. Stop blaming other people for your problems. Take ownership for what you've done. August cheated and got another woman pregnant. Was he wrong? Yes. Did he pay for it? Yes. Is he still paying for it? Yes, because you can't let that go. If you can't let that go and move on then don't have me give you away to him on your wedding day. Since he made that mistake that man has paid for it. Stop holding it over his head because you'll be the reason as to why he does it again." He preached.

"I don't do it intentionally daddy." I sniffed.

"And I'm glad that you recognize that your not doing this intentionally but what you need to do is let it go. Start from there." He suggested.

"I notice that I call him out his name when things don't go my way. And sometimes I can act like a spoiled brat."

My dad stared at me blankly.

"You are a spoiled brat and that's your mother and I's fault. Your a cry baby just like your mother. I could walk into a wall and you'd start crying." He chuckled.

I pouted. "I can't help that I'm emotional."

"Okay and maybe you can't but, crying when you don't get your way? Miracle doesn't even do that and she's expected to at three years old."

"What if August hates me?" I asked.

"A'leah, August couldn't hate you if he was paid to. That man loves you so much. You just need to return the love before he finds it else where." He preached.

"I'd kill him and the hoe he decides to find it else where."

"Then get it together Briana before that becomes your reality and who's fault will it be?"

"Mines." I mumbled.

"Exactly." He said as he kissed my cheek.

August walked in and hung up his coat. I slowly got up and waddled over to him, almost knocking him down. He held me tight as I cried onto his chest.

"Why you cryin' mama?" He asked.

"W-Where have y-you been?" I cried.

"Aw hell. That's my cue to go." My dad said.

I frowned and looked over at him. He kissed my forehead and left. August picked me up, causing me to giggle.

"Where have you been?" I asked.