Chapter 38 Towards HEA

Dusk had fallen and we were still in the church. The newlywed couple was bid a warm adieu to their happy life ahead and we sat at the church steps entangled in each other's arms.

"Manik...finally we are together and happy...I never thought we could be but we are...", I said with a smile of contentment looking at eternity.

I was expecting a reply from him but he was quiet. I lifted my head from his shoulders and looked at him. He was admiring the virtual ring in his finger and a chuckle escaped my lips seeing him do that.

"Manik tum kya kar rahe ho??", I asked purposely to put him in a fix.

"Nandu look at my ring...it's better than yours.. Na", he said in a teasing tone which was enough to make me blush. I was amazed that after being so close to each other he could still manage to make me go red. I pursed my lips to hide the embarrassment and tried to divert him.

"Acha now tell me where were you?? and how come Dhruv was talking so highly about you??", I asked in an interrogative tone.

"Ammm...nothing the guy is sweet just...I said sorry and he was fine about everything", Manik tried to be smart but this time I was determined to have my answers.

"Really!!", I charged again and saw Manik fumbling, "Manik..come out with it now...kya baat hai??...you are behaving weird since morning...kya kaha Nanu ne??"

Manik attempted to avoid, "God!!! Nandu so dramatic you have become..god only knows how am I going to handle you in the next 6 months...I will be dead by the end of it", he said making an apathetic face.

"Shut up okay...now tell me the truth"

"Listen my daughter is not going to be as difficult as you okay..she will be Daddy's girl...hai na baby", he said looking at my tummy.

"Yeah yeah...she will be Daddy's girl only..the Mommy would be very happy not to interfere... You make her everything that you want to but first tell me the truth now", I was back at him.

"So you are not leaving it??...ammm then I guess I have to give in as always", he sighed helplessly.

I inspected the slightest expressions on his face as he pulled out some papers from his pockets.

"Here...your answer", he said tugging those papers in my hand. I looked at him with a dash of doubt as I opened them.

One look at the papers and my senses zapped out of my breath.

"Manik!! What the hell is this?? Nanu had signed these papers?? But How?? Why??", I had started panicking at the sight of it.

"Nandu can you please calm down..everything is under control"

"But I don't understand how did this happen and how are you involved in this??", I was confused about everything going on.

"See this is exactly the reason why I didn't tell you before..I knew you would react like this...when I am saying it is sorted now, still you have to get this excited", he snapped angrily.

I toned down a bit, I understood his concern and kept quiet for him to do the talking.

"Yeah Mr. Patel somehow tricked him to sign on these. In fact they were eyeing your Jamnagar mill as well. But that was not your Nanu's concern; he was worried that if he doesn't give into their demands then they might try to malign your character publicly as well."

"I can't believe how people can be conniving and ill hearted."

"Well you see this world is full of people like these but you don't need to worry when your Manik is there..I managed to fool them and get these papers back and Dhruv has helped me too...I had misjudged that guy..good that you thought of helping him", he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me for a side hug.