Chapter 31

The moon light lit up our bedroom as I sat looking out the window with a hand on my tummy. Caspian was lightly snoring in bed but I couldn't sleep. For one I wasn't comfortable in any position and two I was worrying and worrying about the coronation that was set for this evening.

Everything was ready and the whole Kingdom would be there to see us get crowned. Caspian said he had a surprise for me afterwards and I have been begging him to tell me but he's not giving in. Merial kicked making me rest my hand over the stop where I felt it. She did it again and my heart squeezed. I never thought I was capable at loving something so much already. I found myself talking to our baby more every day now, I told her about our house and who her family was, I would tell her stories about anything that came to mind, hummed things she could listen to and told her about the human world that I hoped to show her one day.

Caspian stirred and reached out for me frowning when he couldn't find me. I smiled at the sight of my husband-to-be as he rolled onto his back in his full naked glory and let out a sigh. Caspian looked so innocent sleeping and so hansom too. I couldn't help but waddle the best I could back over to the bed and lie down next to him - breathing in deeply loving the scent Caspian gave off making me relaxed and sleepy. I watched him for a few more minutes until he blinked open those beautiful blue eyes before he turned to me.

"You okay Kitten?" He asked stroking my cheek lovingly.

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep." I replied.

"Anything worrying you?"

"Just waiting for this crowning is stressing me out. I can't relax." I groaned rolling onto my back but then deciding against it and turning back to face Caspian. "And I can't get comfy!"

"Shh Jojo, relax." Caspian told me smoothing my hair down and trailing a finger over my pouted bottom lip. "I'm going to send you to sleep Kitten so lie on your back and breathe deeply."

I nodded turning over and resting my arms by my side. Caspian knelt at my feet and began running his hands over my legs and feet. I giggled at first as it tickled but Caspian silenced me with a kiss and continued to talk to me quietly in that low, husky, sexy voice of his as he worked further up my body drawing patterns and massaging me all over. It was truly relaxing and put me in a very calm state eventually lulling me completely asleep.

---

"Jojo please sit down." Bennett pleaded dragging his hands down his face in despair.

"Bennett, you're not the one about to become Queen." I replied tugging on my hair. "I'm so nervous."

I was in my outfit that consisted of midnight blue shorts and nothing else as I had been told I would be wearing the Kingdom's element around my neck. I hadn't seen the crystal since we came to the Kingdom but Caspian assured me it was safe and locked up somewhere.

"Jonah! Bennett! How beautiful you both look." Coralia said walking through the door and pulling me into a hug.

"Coralia, I'm so nervous. What if I mess up?"

The Queen chuckled smiling at me. "Dear child, you will not. This is the Mer's way of welcoming you into our Kingdom and accepting you as our Queen next to Caspian. You will trust your instincts as this was always meant for you." Coralia produced the dark wooden box from her bag and held it in front of her. She undid the clasp and opened the top revealing the beautiful crystal shining in the light. She picked it up and placed it around my neck, the cold stone resting against my skin.

"Jonah!" Tamesis burst through the door holding up a piece of silvery material, much like the other top I was going to wear. "I've just found this in my sewing room and it will be perfect."