Thugs and Hood Love 15

PLEASE DON'T ANYBODY ELSE INBOX ABOUT WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN. I KNOW HOW I WANT MY SHIT TO PLAY OUT. ION TRYING TO BE NO BITCH, BUT IF I SOUND LIKE ONE RIGHT NOW THEN OH-FUCKING WELL!!! BUT I MADE THE SPACING LESS LIKE ASKED. SO GO AHEAD AND READ IT... TELL ME WHATCHA THINK TOO...

Lyric POV

"So you ain't comin to the spot tonight," Billy asked me.

"Nawl, I'm straight. I think Imma just go to sleep," I told Billy as I sat on the foot of the bed and watched him get dressed.

"Aight, well if you need me just hit me up," Billy said as he started to walk over to where I was sitting.

"Billy if you don't get out my damn face actin like I'm a baby or some shit," I said with a smile on my face.

Even though I sounded like I didn't like the way Billy was talking to me, in actuality, I was loving this shit.

Billy had been doing everything I needed for him to do, plus more. After our lil argument from the other night, we been good with one another. He ain't start no shit. But you know I did. And that's one thing that Imma have to work on.

I like to argue and fight all my boyfriends. Sometimes it's just nice to see how far and how willing a nigga would go to keep ya. I feel that if you push it to the limit sometimes, then when tougher trials and tribulations come around, then y'all will be straight and be able to make it through. But that's just me.

But that's the good excuse that I like to use to hide the real reason why I like to fight and argue with my boyfriends. To be honest witcha, I think the real reason why I act the way I do in relationships is because of the environment that I was raised in.

Ya see, if all a child sees growing up is the momma and daddy fighting and arguing day-in and day-out, then guess what. That's all they gonna do in their relationship. The child will grow up to think that that's what's normal. Well, the shit right there was far from being normal.

Growing up as a child, that's all that I saw in my house. Daddy coming in the house all different times of the night. Momma getting up in his face yelling and all that type of shit, asking him questions bout where he been, who he was with, etc. Daddy pushing momma onto the ground. Momma getting up and swinging on daddy like her hands were windmills. Daddy fighting moms back, bursting her nose and lip, blackening her eye, tearing the few clothes that she would have on. Momma balled-up in the corner crying like a newborn baby.

Yep, that's all I knew growing up. That's all every child in the hood grew up knowing. That's why the hood forever stays the same. Because the same things are learned and taught over and over again. But the one couple in the hood that you never heard bout arguing or fighting was Billy's momma and daddy.

I know damn well that they argued at last one time. That I was sure of that. It's not that I seen then arguing before. It's just that every strong relationship, or in their case marriage, has at have at least one major trial. But I guess the main reason why they never argued like everyone else in the hood is because they knew what was up from the beginning. They knew what the game was like. And they knew that the game could either change you. Or you could either change the game. Either way, nothing stays the same forever.