Chapter 27 - The Plan

*Emily's POV*

A few days ago, I was happily making out with who I assumed was one of Maddie's best friends. He was a fantastic kisser and if we hasn't been interrupted, I would have had him come home with me and we would have had a bit of fun.

But just as it was getting good, his fucking phone had to go off and he stopped kissing me. He answered his phone and to no surprise, it was his bitchy friend. I didn't hear what she had to say, but after the phone call, he kissed me one last time before leaving the booth and walking away with her.

Mad would be an understatement of how I felt at this point. She takes everything away from me. First Kian, and now a guy that I was enjoying who just happened to be her friend. There's no doubt that she did it on purpose. She always has her way to get in the way of everything.

Luckily for me, I have myself a little plan of ruining things.

When me and Maddie were friends, I found her ex-boyfriends number, and I quickly put it into my phone while she was in the bathroom. That night, I went home and called him, explained that I was her best friend, and shortly I learned who he was.

Ryder and Madison dated for over three years, but broke it off when she moved. Neither one of them wanted the stress of a long distance relationship and Ryder didn't want to hold her back. He explained how even after they broke up they still acted as a couple.

This came to my surprise, seeing as she got with Kian so soon after moving here.

After speaking with Ryder a little more, I learned that he and Madison were in love, and I don't doubt it. From the way it sounds, he's still in love with her. If she feels just a fraction of what he feels for her, then she definitely still loves him.

This is how I plan to rip Kian and Madison apart.

Next week, Ryder has a flight out here and he will be staying at a small hotel just outside of San Clemente. We have planned to where he'll be surprising her by showing up at her house before Kian gets there, which should catch her off guard. Of course, Ryder knows nothing about Kian.

Then, the chaos will take place.

I pull my phone out of my pocket, seeing that the call I'm getting is from Ryder.

"Hello," I say, grinning to myself.

"Hey, Emily," he replies.

"You excited for your trip here next week?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

"Hell yes! I miss Maddie so much!" He sounds so eager, and I can't help but laugh. I'm probably just as excited as he is.

"I bet you do. She still has no clue!" I say, remembering that I told him we were best friends.

"You must be a good actress because Maddie can usually sense when something is up." He laughs lightly. Oh, the irony.

"Oh, I'm the best," I tell him. "She talks about you so much. I'm wishing we planned you coming out here sooner so she'll shut up about you."

I hear him sigh at my words. "I'm wishing we planned it sooner too."

I roll my eyes. "Well, I gotta go! I'm meeting up with Maddie in a few minutes!"

"Alright, thanks for everything, Emily," he says before the call ends.

I smile to myself, proud of how well this plan is going to go.

With Ryder, Maddie won't be able to resist herself. And I'm hoping that Kian gets heartbroken, which is where I'll swoop in and take him back.

My plan is foolproof.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love you guys. Because of you, I'm #1 on the Kian Lawley list!

So I updated while I'm on vacation!:)

Because you're amazing :)

Can this get 50 votes??:)

xox -Delilah