Chapter 13: Thanksgiving

It has been 2 years since I have been in the Upper East Side. For the past 2 years I have been in Paris, shopping the days away. I didn't speak to anyone on the Upper East Side the whole time, I rarely ever interacted with anyone in Paris. I decided to come back because it is Thanksgiving and Lily and Chuck are the only real family that I had. Now that Rufus and Lily are broken up, I want to come back to spend time with her.

"Lily!" I exclaim as I come into the apartment.

"Celia, it is so nice to see you." Lily says walking over to me.

"I missed you too Lily, you look amazing." I say.

"Thank you, you look good too. Have you talked to Chuck since you got back?"

I quickly glance down at the floor.I hadn't talked to him since the night that he sent me away. After about spending 2 weeks in Paris I understood what I did wrong and really tried to fix my attitude. I promised myself that i wouldn't scheme or do anything to potentially ruin anyone's life if I ever came back.

"I haven't actually." I say.

"Oh, well I am glad that you are here for Thanksgiving. I ordered the meal yesterday so it should be here soon."

"Do you know who else is coming?"

"Yes," she takes a deep breath. "I invited Chuck, Blair, Serena, and Nate."

"Oh."

"It has been 2 years Celia, I think that they might have gotten over it by now."

"I hope so." I say.

I decided to take a little walk before everyone got there for dinner, to make sure I had all of my apologizes ready and rehearsed. I was walking through Central Park when I saw a familiar sitting on a park bench.

"Dan!" I say running and giving him a hug.

"Celia, what are you doing here?" He asks, breaking out embrace.

"I wanted to come back for Thanksgiving." I exclaim.

"Well, I missed you." Dan says giving me another hug.

"I missed you too Humphrey, and I just wanted to apologize for everything that happened before I left."

"It's okay Celia, I forgive you."

"So, how has Rufus and Jenny been doing."

We sit talking to each other for a good hour, catching up on everything that has happened and it felt good. I don't think I have talked to Dan in such an open way. While we continued talking I thought about the night in the elevator, our kiss and thought about how magical it was. Before I knew what I was doing I leaned in and kissed him, and I felt the same magic I did once before.

"Wow." Dan exclaims after we kiss.

"You know, you kiss a lot better than I remember." I say, laughing.

I look down at my watch and frown, "I have to go get ready for dinner."

"Oh, well it was nice to see you again Celia." Dan says.

"It was nice to see you too Humphrey." I say getting up and leaving.

When I got to the apartment I was stunned to see that Nate, Serena, Blair, and Chuck had already arrived.

"Celia, what are doing here?" Chuck snaps as I walk in.

"Well it is nice to see you too Chuck." I say smiling.

"Aren't you supposed to be in Paris?" He snaps.

"Hey you two, it is Thanksgiving. Can you please behave and leave all of this arguing until after dinner?" Lily pleads.

"I can wait until then." Chuck says walking over to Blair.

"I don't think that I can." Nate says walking over to me.

"I'm sorry about what I did Nate, it was a bad thing to do." I say.

"Come on we can finish this discussion in hallway." He says pulling me into the hallway.

"What you did was really messed up Celia." He snaps.

"I know and I am sorry."

"Why did you do it?"

"I wanted to you back for telling Georgina about the senator, I mean I trusted you and you told one of the many people that want to ruin my life." I spat.

"Celia, I know you did it for another reason."

"Fine," I snap. "I did it because I was jealous."

"Jealous of Bree and I?"

"Yes," I take a deep breath. "Nate I am in love with you."

Before I knew what was happening, Nate crashed his lips into mine.

After a couple of seconds, I pulled away.

"What is wrong Celia, isn't this what you want?"

"I don't know what I want." I say walking out of the hallway.

Next to Lily I see a blonde girl, who is smiling and making small chat with Lily. From the corner of my eye I see Nate come out of the hallway, and the girl turns to him when she catches sight of me and him coming out of the same place.

" I don't think that we have met. I am Juliet, Nate's girlfriend." She says.

**Thank you all so much for reading and I am sorry for not updating in a little while. Make sure to comment and like if you would like for me to continue. **