Chapter 25

Cover to the right is made by EternityParadise :)

(NOT EDITED)

***

Amanda's POV~

“So about Danny, what's that plan of yours again?” I asked, as soon as I realized what he had just said. I already knew he had the whole situation planned out, well I hope so anyways, otherwise coming here was a waste of my time. Well, okay not exactly a waste of my time, since I love going to the amusement park. But it was hours wasted in helping Danny. Talking to him. Finding out why he lied to me. And why the hell he's still at that home! He's over eighteen—three years over actually—so why the hell didn't he choose to leave!?

So, at the moment, I so do not need John joking around.

He stared opened-mouth at me. “Please tell me you heard what I just said?”

“Yeah, I heard what you just said.”

He moved his hands, his facial expression a mixed between shock, solicitous, and doleful. “And . . .?”

I blinked. “And, what?”

He let out a long sigh. “You know, at this moment, usually the girl would say, “I think I like you too,” or “I'm sorry, but I don't feel the same” but of course no girl has ever told me the later one,” he said in a rush; I'm surprised I even understood him.

But when I finally did, my eyes widened. Now it was my turn to be in shock. “You mean, you're telling the truth?” This has to be a dream right? I mean, John Ace, admitting he likes a girl!? And not just any girl, but me?

He gave me a dumbfounded look. “Why would I be joking about this?” he asked, raising his eyebrow at me. “It took a lot of courage for me to admit that to you, you know.”

All I could do was look at him, as he focused his attention on his hands, fidgeting with his sleeve. His brow was knitted together, as he tapped his foot repeatedly. He looked quite nervous actually, maybe more nervous than I'd ever seen him before.

And even though I would like to jump in his arms, ease his nervousness and kiss the life out of him, I couldn't. Don't get me wrong, my heart is literary beating a mile a minute at his confession, and my cheeks were probably bright red, but I couldn't tell him. I couldn't tell him I had the same feelings. As much as I like John, I couldn't take that one step I needed to be with him.

John—he's a player. He always will be. That would never change, and who says, he will stop when he's with me? What if he's just confused? Then what? Dump me and break my heart? I had dealt with players before, and I know how they're like, and John—he's the player of all players. I don't even think he knows the first thing about relationships, and he has another thing coming if he's just after me for my body. I'm not like his sluts that would do anything for him. Unlike them, I have morals.

“I'm not a slut.”

John's neck snapped up like a rocket ship, his eyes holding a glint I'd never saw before. “Who said you were?”

Shit. I thought I was thinking that.

“No one,” I added quickly, “but John, you don't like me,” I forced out, staring past him. I couldn't look at his face. I needed to be strong, and if I do, I'll probably get lost in his deep crystal-clear blue eyes. Those eyes that will forever hunt me in my dreams. “You think you do, but you don't.”

Hearing a loud pounding noise, I looked up to see John's hand in a fist, and his jaw set. “Amanda, I think I know my own feelings for you.” I could tell he was trying to stay calm for my sake, but he was losing his cool—and fast. Maybe it was the fact that he didn't want me to see him vulnerable and rather be angry than anything. I don't know. Guys are weird like that.