Chapter 25

she's the best thing that has ever        happened to me in a hell of a long time, and I'm not going to lose her

"She isn't anything to me." Rick assured me as I continued to dust the dirt off of my butt.

"Oh really, then why did you kiss her two hundred and twenty one times?" I fired back.

"I don't know, but I'd rather kiss you four hundred and twenty two times," He replied, his hand wrapping around my wrist.

"Stop being cute, and don't lie, you do know why you kissed her. You like her, I'm not stupid." I replied, pulling my wrist from his grip.

"No, you're not stupid." He replied.

"I'm sorry but I don't believe you. I'd rather you tell me the truth than lie to me." I stated.

"Okay, fine. I kissed her because I had a crush on her, or whatever you want to call it. She's hot, she's nice, but she isn't you." He replied.

I rolled my eyes, sitting down on the bed.

"I'm moving back over there until you figure out what you want." I stated, gathering my things.

"Spencer was looking for you, by the way," He replied, standing in the door way.

"When?" I asked.

"Two days ago." He replied, smirking.

"Bye." I replied, walking by him.

"Shit, don't be like that." He replied, following me down the stairs.

"Like what? I'm not going to stop you from being with her. I'm not going to be like her and try to steal you away. I'm different." I explained, walking out onto the porch.

"You're so stubborn." He replied.

I shrugged my shoulders and walked across the street.

"Carol, I'm back." I declared, closing the door behind me.

"Welcome back." She replied, standing up from the couch.

"What happened now?" She asked, following me upstairs.

you're losing her, she's not something you can pick up from the lost and found whenever you want to

-

"He misses you, Sam." Carol stated.

"I can't help that." I replied.

"I saw him with Jessie yesterday." Rosita mumbled.

"No surprise to me." I muttered.

"He pushed her away, she tried to kiss him and he dodged her." Rosita replied.

"I'll make you two makeup at dinner tonight." Tara replied.

"Good luck with that." I replied.

-

"Really?" I asked, only two seats left at the table for Rick and I.