Chapter 16

Amanda's POV:

"Haha nice one Xavier, seriously!" I said laughing at him, a Mafia boss.

I could see Xavier was not taking this as a joke, he looked as serious as hell. "Amanda I'm not joking" he said.

I couldn't believe it, this is bullshit, it has to be a joke. All this time I was with him and never once did it occur to me he was in Mafia. "Y...y.ouu aaree in Gangg?" Wtf.

"Darling I'm not in a gang.." For a second I was relieved until he spoke again."I'm the leader of it"

Holy fuckk!!! What the hell is going on here. I look at Xavier and could see nervousness. He should be nervous because I'm in no way hell staying here. Wth!!

I hurriedly got up and tried to leave but Xavier took hold of my arms. "Pleasee Amanda, listen to me. Please" he pleaded but I didn't care, I turned around and said "why would I listen to you, you're in Mafia, and you expect me to be all fine with it, no Mr. Luciano I will not participate in this shit anymore." I yelled at him trying to get my arms free.

"Amanda please, please don't do that, I cannot loose you, you've become my addiction, I can't imagine my life without you now. Please just please listen to me." He pleaded. He looked so sincere about it and scared a bit.

Xavier's POV:

I cannot imagine my life without Amanda, she has become my addiction. I never thought that she will react like this, she has always been so open about everything. But everything is going the wrong way. Please god help me.

I pleaded to her to listen to my reasoning. I know no one wants to be with a man who is involved in Mafia better yet the leader himself. But one can hope. I've been in love with Amanda ever since I first saw her. It might've started with an obsession but it turned into love.

I took hold of her and made her sit next to me on the couch. "Please hear me out" I begged her.

She looked at me with uncertainty, but I could see her resolve was breaking bit by bit. "Okay but you've only got five minutes to explain this, and then I will decide." She said to me.

I felt relieved for a moment and then nodded at her.

"I'm going to start with saying that it's a family business, generations before me were in Mafia, my dad himself was a leader but that was passed down to me only 4 years ago. I'm the oldest son and the most who showed the capability to handle that life. I'm not going to sweeten it, yes It does have its negatives, but we only involve ourselves when the situation is difficult. I've never hurt an innocent person ever and I believe I never will."

I nod at him taking everything in. This is just too much for me.

"Xavier, I just need sometime to think this through, please don't pressure me. It'll call you the moment I feel I can." I said looking at him, he looked sad but I could see that he understood from where I was coming from.

"Okay, I have no problem with that, just don't kick me out of your life. Take as much time you need. I'll be here waiting." I nod at him and got up to leave.

Next Morning:

"Giovani, can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked my boss.

Giovani looked at me curiously and nodded. I went into the office and sat on the chair. I felt nervous to even ask him but I just had to. He might me my boss and I might loose my job.

"Are you also in Mafia"

Giovani POV:

I was drinking coffee waiting for Amanda to talk but I never expected about what she would say.

"Are you also in Mafia" I heard her say.

She looked nervous but I could see she was not backing out of this conversation.

"Yes" I reply.

"Can I ask you a question?" Amanda asked. I nod at her.

"How did you get into this business, no one would've thought you're related to Mafia." I nod at her and reply "I'm guessing Xavier told you about this," she nodded. "He must've also told you that it's a family business, meaning Xavier's father and his father before that we're all in Mafia business, since Xavier's father is the oldest he took over the business. I tend to stay away because I get busy with the company, but that does not mean I don't do much, whenever Xavier calls me for help, I leave everything and focus only on the business."

I could see she was getting nervous around me. "Why would Xavier tell you about this?" I ask her wondering what is going on here, we never tell an outsider about this ever and telling about Amanda about this must be serious.

"Xavier and I were suppose to go on a date about a month ago, he asked me out. I agreed and was waiting for him to come but he ditched me, I felt really embarrassed and wanted nothing to do with his anymore. But things don't work out at it should, he called me last night, and said that he wanted to meet me, so I said alright. At his house he explained to me why he wasn't able to come to our date because of the fire, but he also told me about him being in Mafia and being the boss himself. I couldn't believe him, so I thought he was joking but he obviously had that serious face on and I knew he wasn't lying. I told him I needed time and left his place. So I figured if Xavier is a Mafia boss and you related to him, you also might be in the business." She tells me in one breath. I nod at her and reply to her

"Xavier obviously had a reason to tell you and after what you said, I believe he likes you. Please do give him a chance. He might be a Mafia boss but that doesn't mean he isn't a normal human being. He has always been very closed towards others, but ever since you came into his something has changed, he smiled often thinking about you, and that was way before I even met you and saw you." I tell her.

She looks surprised at what I told her but I could see she wanted to ask me something. "Go ahead, ask me whatever you want to" I tell her. "You said that something about before seeing me and meeting me. We first met in the office, how had you seen me before?" She asks me.

I laugh at her and reply "did you actually expect me to miss my sisters wedding, the wedding you crashed." I reply. She looks shocked for a second but starts laughing afterwards.

"OMG you saw me and never told anything while I was working for you." She says laughingly.

"I thought it wasn't right to bring the past, but I got to say it was indeed funny, my sister till this day asks about you, after seeing you and Xavier talk in the church I knew you were the girl he was always thinking about, and who can forget the part where some guy ran out for he church holding you." I reply back thinking about the chaos during the wedding and how Amanda made it so hilarious with her antics.

She nods at me and starts to leave. I take hold of her hand and squeeze it a bit "Amanda I do suggest you give Xavier a chance, it would surely make him happy. Every human being deserves a second chance." I tell her.

She leaves the office and goes back to working, leaving me in the thoughts of Xavier. I should call him and find out what he's doing.

Soon....

-----------------------------------

Please vote and comment.
Thank you guys for Amazing support throughout this story. I can't believe Chapter 15 got 102 votes, that's amazing. Thank you all so much!

Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Happy Reading.