Chapter 33

Now in my hand, was hopefully Adam's heart...and I am determined to crush it. 

So crush it I did.

I didn't even have to give it a second thought.  I didn't dare question myself or question the decision I have made.  I knew that crushing the lively heart in my hand would put everyone at risk.  The heart could've been anyone's for all I knew.  The heart could've possibly been Peter's.  But my gut strongly believed that the heart belonged to Adam...and my gut was never wrong. 

I knew what I had to do, so I just did it. 

Shutting my eyes firmly, I encased the heart tightly with my fingers and crushed it with all of my effort, just praying that the heart I was destroying was Adam's.  Within seconds, the heart had turned into dust.  With my eyes still closed, I suddenly heard a loud thump.  It was the sound of someone's body plunged to the ground.

My breath was hitched.  My eyes were still fastened.  My body felt undeniably numb.

This feeling I had was fear.

I was afraid.  Afraid that if I opened my eyes, I would see a lifeless Peter Pan on the ground.  What if I had killed him or some innocent human being?  What would happen then?  Well, there's only one way for my question to get answered. I need to open my eyes for crying out loud. 

When my eyes finally opened, I think I felt the Lord's presence.

Right before me, was Adam's dead body laying on the ground.  Standing right next to the body, was a clearly stunned Peter.  I find a smile creeping to my lips as my eyes lock with Peter's.  A slight grin appeared on Peter's face and his brows were raised, indicating that he was thoroughly impressed.  We both found ourselves not breaking the stare between us.

"You did it." Peter whispered, finally breaking our little stare-down.

"Yeah.  Yeah I did." I said faintly, a small smile still remaining on my lips.  I guess I was also stunned with myself too.  Peter has always been the one saving me lately.  But this time, at this moment, I was the one who saved him.  Saved me.  Saved the both of us.  And I didn't even have to use magic.

All of a sudden, Peter popped up in front of me and he encased me in his arms.  His embrace definitely took me by surprise, but I hugged him back and wrapped my arms around his torso.  I felt Peter's hand caress my back softly as I was holding on to him.  I really did miss this.  Soon after, I could feel a tear escaping from my eye and slowly rolling down my cheek.

I let out a deep breath to prevent myself from crying.  I didn't want to cry.  I shouldn't be crying.  I'm supposed to be happy.  I should be happy that I didn't die.  I should be happy that Adam got what he deserved.  But a little part inside of me still hurt...

Peter must've realized I was acting up because he let go of his embrace and examined my face closely to check if I was alright.  I attempted to wipe off the tear I had on my face as fast as I could, but Peter beat me to the chase and had already saw the tears.  When Peter noticed this, he seemed worried sick.

"Why were you crying?" Peter asked delicately, trying not to sound demanding.

"I wasn't." I answered back instantly.

Peter raised his brows in disbelief.  "Amanda, I saw your face.  You were definitely crying."  He paused and I sighed while lowering my head.  "So why were you crying?"

I took some time to think about answering his question.

Why did I cry?  Well, it's because I missed him.  Missed Peter.  I missed our late night activities.  I missed our stupid arguments.  I missed his comforting hugs.  I missed hearing his real laugh.  I missed seeing his real smile instead of his devilish grin.  I missed his gentle kisses.  I missed everything.  Yes, Peter did trick me.  He hurt me.  Hurt me badly.....but my feelings still remained.  No matter how much I would remind myself on how he was a manipulative monster, Peter was still the boy that made my heart beat faster, made me feel the butterflies, and made me feel loved.

"I guess I didn't realize how much I missed you."

A soft smile appeared on Peter's face.  It almost looked like he was blushing.  When I took a glance at his eyes, no evil was signaled.  His eyes were nothing but a pure, light, and shining green.  I immediately knew that it was the sparkle that lit in his eyes.  The sparkle I haven't seen in ages.  No darkness was shown whatsoever in that moment. 

Peter let out a quiet sigh before responding with,

"I miss you too."

And with that, Peter leaned in cautiously and gently kissed me on the cheek.  I smiled by this.  The tiniest actions he made just made me smile like crazy.  It was a feeling I haven't witnessed in a long time, until now.

Then, Peter lent out his hand as a sign of me to grasp it, and I did so.  What I expected was for us to leave the cliff, but instead, Peter did the exact opposite.  Peter brought me to the edge of the cliff.  What is Peter up to now?  I don't think I want to fall to my death again.  I gave Peter a questioning look as to why we were here.

"You're confused, aren't you?" Peter asked me, insignificantly amused by my confusion.

"Very.  Why are we here?"

I spotted Peter with a minor grin. "I think it's time to teach you how to fly."

Right when I heard 'fly', I froze to my spot.  I didn't freeze because I was shocked or petrified, but because I was excited.  Flying has always been one of my childhood dreams.  It just seemed incredibly fun and thrilling.  I remember having a dream of me flying through the clouds in the sky as a child.  Maybe I can bring that dream to life.

"Wow, uh--that would be great!  But why do you wanna teach me now?" I just asked out of curiosity.

Once I had asked, Peter held onto my hand even tighter and his expression had changed.  I couldn't make out what he was feeling.  It was as if all of the emotions of a human being have combined into one.  But the one emotion that stood out to me, was hopelessness. 

"Because I'm afraid that the cure for you won't work, so I want to make the last few days worth while."

He's afraid the cure won't work?  I thought Peter had all the ingredients and that the plan was all set.  Peter Pan always makes sure that everything goes his way, so how would the cure not work if Peter was so determined to create it?

"How come you're afraid the cure won't work?  Is it missing an ingredient?"

Peter nodded.  "Correct you are."

"Which ingredient are you missing?  I'm sure we can find it." I assured him.

"Oh, I know where the ingredient is.  In fact, I can get it in a flash." Peter commented.  What?  If Peter can easily get the ingredient, what could possibly be the problem?

"...Then what's the issue?"

Peter sighed deeply....in disappointment?  It was obvious that Peter was in some sort of a distressed position.  It was like Peter was worried of how I would react to what he would say.  I haven't seen Peter like this in a while.  He's usually so straightforward and upfront.  This has to be something serious. 

"Peter...you can tell me." I told him sincerely.  Peter then looked at me with an 'are you sure' look.  I nodded my head to show that I was ready for what he was about to say.  And let me tell you, I definitely was not ready enough for his response.

"The ingredient I need is your father's heart."

A/N: thank you for 11K views!!!! Literally when I wrote the last chapter, this fanfic had 9K views. That's incredible.