Getting the truth{13}

I tossed and turned the night wondering and hoping Chase hadn't done something to Kyle, I mean Kyle definitely deserved it but Chase told me he wouldn't do something, I guess I have to try to trust him that wasn't something I wasn't good at but I need to at least try, with that positive thought I finally drift off to sleep.

****

When I got to school I headed to English, I spotted  Sarah and sat with her then I see Kyle walk in I notice the bruise on his eye starting to go purple he also look extremely irritated, he then takes a sit behind me and whispers behind my ear in a harsh tone that send shivers done my spine;

"Keep that dog of yours on a leash, understand me?"

"What are you--" I was cut of when miss Funnel walked in.

I was uncertain in what Kyle meant, I had a gut feeling though that he was referring to Chase.

"What did he mean, you know keep that dog of yours on a leash?" Sarah ask lost in what Kyle meant.

"I, I don't know but I will find out" I reply definitely wanting answers.

****

At break I saw Chase,Reece,Matt and Ky heading towards the table, they all sat down but I noticed Chase wasn't giving me any sort of eye contact, he looked stressed and tense.

I looked down and saw that his knuckles where slightly red.

Well now I know that Chase did hit him!

"So you did hit him!" I raise my voice and everyone at the table looks at me except Chase.

"He deserved it" he mumbled under his breath.

"Chase you told me you wouldn't!" I say getting annoyed.

"He was a fucking asshole Layla, why wouldn't I of put him in his place?!" He raises his voice at me.

"I don't need you fighting my battles for me!" I say feeling hurt and angry.

"Yes you do!" He says and slams his hand down on the table now getting everyone in the cafeteria attention, he stands up and rushes out of the out.

~REECE POV~

Chase stands up and rushes out of the cafeteria, I stand up to follow him, I run out into the hallways.

"Chase!" I yell looking for him, then I find him standing out the front of the school smoking a cigarette, he always does that when he's stressed he claims that it calms him down, I mean I smoke but not for a stupid reasons like that.

"Yo Chase!" I shout trying to get his attention.

"Chase!" I shout even louder.

"What?!"he yells back with raging eyes.

"Woah man what's up your ass?"

"Not fucking funny Reece!"

"Calm down, and tell Reece what the hells going on?"

"It's her!" He shouts still puffing on his cigarette.

"Who, Layla?" I ask curiously.

"Yes Layla, I mean I don't know what she's doing, she's making me feel all kinds of stuff that I don't feel, like she makes me feel so pissed off and bad and even upset but and the same time she makes me feel happy and even calm I've never stuck around a girl this long, what do I do Reece?"

How the fuck do I reply to that one?

"Chase it kind of sounds like you like her"

"What? No I don't like Layla she's just a friend" he says sounding taken back in what I said.

"Okay well you care about her will put it like that then, but Chase don't push her away, this ones special" I say being hundred percent honest with him because it's the truth I know he'll push her away but I think he needs her, she's the only person that can actually make him happy.

"I know she's special that's why I'm doubtful of even having a friendship with her. I don't want to bring her into my fucked up world" he say sounding alone and hurt.

****

*LAYLA POV*

Well here I am sitting on my bed waiting for Chase to come over to work on this stupid project, oh and I'm still mad at him! But this is the last chance to work on the project before we have to hand it in and I'll will not lose grades because of him.

I open the door to see Chase looking down at his feet.

"You gonna let me in the room?" He ask tilting his head up at me.

"Whatever, come on" I say bitterly not wanting him to think I just forgot about what happened.

****

We've been sitting doing the assignment for about two hours and we just finished, and I personally think we did a good job. But I've been struggling to stay angry at Chase, he keeps giving me puppy dog eyes and trying to get me to talk to him.

"Come on kitty, just talk to me anything call me a asshole swear at me, say anything" he pleaded.

"Fine your a stupid asshole!" I yell feeling satisfied with myself.

"I know I am? but that guy talk to you like you were a piece of shit" He says defensively.

I sigh realising that what he did was to protect me and that I should just let it go.

"It's fine Chase" I softly sigh feeling a little hesitant if this was the right decision to forgive him.

****

After Chase left, I made myself some spaghetti and just waited for dad to come home.

"Hey Lay!" My dad shouts when he walks in the house.

By this point I had slightly drifted of on the couch, I stretch my arms and let out a yawn.

"Hey dad your home later then I thought" looking at the clock on the wall saying it was a quarter to eleven.

"Yeah sorry sweetie, I think you should go up to bed now anyways" he says loosening he tie.

"Okay, well night" I say and peck his cheek.

It didn't take long to fall asleep and that I was grateful for because I've had trouble sleeping lately, but it didn't stop me from thinking of Chase before I drifted off to sleep, which I really need to stop doing, I feel like that's all I think about now.