8

"Watch your language Lay," Harry chuckled beside me, his body shaking from the vibration. I couldn't bring myself to insult him for calling me by my nickname, or to even release our entwined hands. First of all, it was keeping warm and secondly, the view ahead of me was way too good to tear my eyes from.

"Is this...this is the place where we..." I breathed in shock. The sight was beautiful, especially under only the lighting of the moon and stars.

"Yes, I thought you'd recognise it," he pulled me along through the thick vine grass towards the lake. It's soft motions caused light to reflect and shimmer across the lake. Fireflies whipped past us, allowing me to be able to see the many vibrant colours of the plants surrounding the area. "Do you remember the first time we came here?"

I looked up to him, his eyes glowing in the dark. It was almost impossible not to get lost in his trance, it was possessive.

"Yeah. My parents told us we were moving so you and I decided to run away. Caught the bus at 6am and got dropped off at the gas station. Then walked and somehow found our way into these woods," I recalled. I remembered that memory as if it were just yesterday, although it was six years ago.

"Then we ended going home 10 hours later because I remembered it was pizza night," he laughed. For the first time, I joined in with his laughter, almost not being able to contain myself.

We ended up finding the rock that had our names carved into it and sat down, admiring the view. But I knew this moment wouldn't last because I was still beyond angry at Harry for all the stuff he said to me the past few weeks.

"I'm still pissed at you," I mumbled, putting my hands into the pockets of his jacket. He looked down to the floor and played around with the half dead stick that was laying on the ground.

"I know."

"And I will probably never forget how shitty you've made me feel,"

"I know "

It was silent again as I didn't know what else to say. Too bad for me that I couldn't hold a grudge on anyone. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't be angry at him forever.

"I hope you do understand that I meant every single apology I said on Friday...and everything else." He finally looked up to look at me. I sighed and hung my head low. I know he was sorry but the fact that he couldn't say it to his friends bugged me a little.

"And I know the way I've behaved at the barbecue and today is totally unacceptable. I thought maybe if I got you jealous, we- you know what, never mind. It's not important. I'm just really sorry for everything. I know I haven't been acting myself."

"I know. I guess I can't be mad at you forever,"

"No, you can't. We have too many memories to throw away. And you still owe me your life for saving you from getti-" he smirked but was cut off from my loud and abnoxious groaning.

"Ugh, why does everyone need to bring that up? It was like 11 years ago," I groaned, bumping my shoulder with his.

"12,"

"Same thing Harry," I rolled my eyes.

"No it's not."

"Might as well be,"

"No, 11 years is 11 years, 12 years is 12 years."

"Don't be a smart ass."

"I know you are but what am I?" He immaturely stuck his tongue out. I shook my head at him and stood up, walking towards the water. Soon, he was by my side, examining the water with me.