Prologue

Alessa's POV

"I'm so happy now that you're finally going to meet my daughter," Emman said excitedly.

He is my boyfriend for two years now and he proposed to me last month. He is older than me. He is already thirty nine while I am twenty three. A lot of people are surprised whenever I tell them about Emman's age because he doesn't look like it. I cannot blame them because he is very athletic, handsome and extremely wealthy.

He is the owner of multiple hotels here in the Philippines. A lot of people told me that I'm just after his money but I don't care about what they say because they are also aware that I am wealthy. My family owns a chain of luxury restaurants in Metro manila.

"I'm really glad that GG finally came back here. She's also excited to meet you because I always talk about you whenever I have the chance." he said before reaching for my left hand. He pressed it gently afterwards.

I smiled because I am happy that his daughter understands our relationship. When we started dating, I thought that our age difference will be a big problem to GG because the typical reaction of a daughter of a wealthy man is to be angry.

"I really appreciate that she doesn't see me as your sugar baby" I joked and it made him frown.

"She's very openminded. Besides, I'm not the first man to marry a woman that's half my age" he explained. 

I just smiled at him in response before I returned my focus to the road. He doesn't keep secrets from me, he told me everything about his past and everything about his daughter. He found her five years ago after fifteen years of searching. 

One thing that he regrets the most was when he unintentionally abandoned his family. He was just eighteen years old when he got her girlfriend pregnant. He is studying in one of the most prestigious school in the Philippines. He is taking Business Administration when he met Melanie, and he calls her M for short.

Melanie was a scholar that time and unfortunately poor, but her situation didn't stop Emman from loving her even though his parents didn't approve their relationship. They disowned Emman when he got Melanie pregnant because he disagreed when they asked him to abort the baby.

Emman is pampered all his life but he gave up his studies to support M. They decided to live together until she gave birth to their daughter GG. 

When his parents found out that M already gave birth, they decided to talk to Emman. He's so happy thinking that his parents will now acknowledge their daughter but unfortunately they didn't.

They just offered him to study again and after that he can work to his parents business to be able to support his family but he is not allowed to live with his wife but he can support them by sending money.

He was so desperate that time because he wanted his family to have a better life so he accepted his parents offer. He continued his course in London because it's part of their condition. He saves half of his allowance monthly and sent it to Philippines to support his family.

Apart from what he knows is that his parents screened all his letters and money, they faked all the letters that he's receiving in return but that didn't stop M from hoping that he will be back. Until one day a letter came with a big amount of money.

Dear M,

I went straight to London to study, I didn't tell you because I don't want you to stop me from doing what I want to do, I want my old life again. Here's a big amount of money, use this for our daughter. You're not going to see me again because I don't intend to go back. I'm sorry.