Chapter 23

- Jade -

I sat in the corner of the guest room in Jesy's  flat. I can't cry. I can't talk. I can't feel a single thing. All I feel now is total numbness. I stared blankly at the floor as I took in a sharp breath. I heard the door creak open but I didn't bother looking, knowing it was either Jesy or Lauren coming in to check on me.  Just as I thought, Lauren walked in and sat down in front of me on the floor. I didn't look up, I just continued staring at the floor.

"Jade," she said softly, placing a hand on my thigh. I immediately flinched, pulling myself away from her touch. I turned to face the other way. I heard her let out a sigh and saw her run a hand through her jet black hair through the corner if my eyes. 

"Don't do this to yourself. I've seen you in this state because of her once and I'm not going through it again because of the same person"

I just shook my head, still not looking at her. She didn't say anything after. She just sat there, staring at me. 

"Let's go to a party"

"What?" she asked, her voice filled with surprise and confusion. "Ariana is throwing a party. She invited us, so let's go" I mumbled before standing up and looking through my closet for what to wear. I then heard movement and felt Lauren's presence behind me. "Who?"

"You'll find out soon" I waved her off.

"Are you sure about this?"

I chose a black lace long-sleeved skin tight dressed that stopped a few inches down my thigh, which was too short for my liking, but whatever. "Yes Lauren. I'm not going shed tears for a girl who doesn't appreciate Jade Thirlwall," I took it and swung it out of my closet, hitting Lauren's forehead causing her to groan in pain.

"Sorry babe. Would you rather stay here and groan your ass out or tell the others to get ready?" I asked, a small smile on my face.

"Jade, are you su-"

"Yes, I'm sure Lauren Michelle Jauregui now go get fucking ready!"

And with that, she was out of my room.  I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in before laying the dress out on my bed. I plastered a smile on my face before going to the mirror to fix my face. I am not going to cry over her. I am not going to shed tears over her. I am strong enough on my own, I don't need her. 

With those phrases as my motivation, I managed to keep a smile on my face as I got ready. Once I'm all dolled up, I look at myself in my full length mirror. 

"Damn babygirl you look hot" I grinned when I saw Ally looking at me through the mirror. She was wearing a red sleeveless dress that stopped mid thigh and had her hair in a half up and half down ponytail. "You don't look too bad yourself, mama sunshine" She walked up to me and smiled at me through the mirror.

"Are you alright though?" she questioned after a few moments of silence. I suddenly felt my eyes getting watery. I took in a deep breath , holding the tears in and nodded while giving her a smile. "You don't have to lie to me honey. Come here," she said softly as she pulled me in her embrace. I immediately crashed into her arms, the tears falling like niagara falls. 

"How could she have done this to me," I sobbed onto her shoulder, wetting her shirt. She just nodded as  I continued to let out whatever I needed to let out. She rubbed soothing circles on my back as she listened to my sobbing slash ranting.

"I love her Ally. I love her so fucking much" I cried out as I fell on the floor against my wardrobe. She kneeled down in front of me and also had tears welling up in her eyes, for some reason.

"I know baby I know," she whispered as she wiped away my tears. I finally got my shit together and took deep breaths to try to calm myself down. I looked up at Ally and saw that she had a tear rolling down her cheek. "Why are you crying?" I asked, my voice barely audible. She gave me a smile and just shook her head before wiping away the tear on her cheek. "It just hurts to see you like this. Give me a smile to make me feel better please"

I let out a small giggle and pulled her into another hug. "I love you Allysus. Now I'm going to fix my face once again. Wait for me downstairs, I'll be there in a bit" She nodded and took her purse before skipping downstairs. Once she was out of sight, I let out a sigh before looking at myself in the mirror. A groan left my lips at my mascara that has now became my eyeshadow.

I touched up my make up and made myself look presentable before skipping downstairs to see Lolo, Jesy, Ally and Dinah waiting for me. "There's the princess. Come on, let's go bitches!!" Dinah yelled as she ran out the house. I let out a chuckle before following suit with the others. We all got into Jesy's car and immediately turned on the radio, screaming out words to Sorry by Justin Bieber. 

Dinah was mainly the one who went all out with our little sing along session. About half an hour after, we finally reached the driveway of Ariana's mansion. Did I mention she was ridiculously rich? Well, she is. We haven't even got out of the car yet we were already able to hear the loud edm music and the sound of many people. I excitedly jumped out of the vehicle and pulled Jesy's hand , dragging her into the house. 

The five of us danced our way into the living room where we saw Ariana and some blonde dude. "Ari!!" I yelled over the music as I ran over to her. She noticed my presence and immediately jumped off the dude's lap and hugged me. She pulled me over to the back where there were fewer people. "Oh my god I didn't think you would've came! How have you been?"

"Me? What about you, huh, Miss Popstar!" 

She chuckled before shoving my shoulders playfully. "It's going fantastic but god things have been so fucking hectic" she sighed.

"I guess you have been FOCUSing too much on your music, haven't you?" I wiggled my eyebrows. She rolled her eyes playfully as she took a sip of whatever's in her cup. "Still with the lame jokes, I see. Oh yeah, what's been going on with that blondie of yours?"

Ariana knew about my crush on Perrie for years now. She was my childhood best friend but we kind off parted ways when she moved back to Boca Raton. But yet, we still kept in contact through technology. Since her music career took off, it became worse because she had to constantly change her number and always forgets to text me when she gets a new one. 

I then realised I haven't answered her question and just gave her a small nod, not even knowing what I wanted to let her know. Her eyes immediately widened. "Have you guys fucked?" she asked eagerly. I let out a chuckle and shook my head. "It's a long story"

"I've got time"

I grabbed a glass of tequila that appeared out of nowhere, but that was the least of my concerns right now. I just want to forget. I sighed and started telling her everything, every now and then sipping the tequila from my cup and refilling it. I told Ariana how it happened, what happened, where she is now, and then again, what happened. By the end of my twisted love story, I was laughing my ass off as I chugged down the remaining alcohol. 

I was now completely drunk and laughing while crying as I have my head on my friend's shoulder. "I thought it was gonna work. Welp who kneeew Jade the nerd could've been so steeewpid," I giggled in between hiccups. I extended my hand to grab another bottle of tequila but Ari was one step ahead of me. She chuckled when I whined like a 5 year old. "That's enough Amelia. You have more than enough alcohol in that tiny body of yours" I stomped my feet on the grass like a kid throwing a tantrum. She giggled and pulled me up to help me on my feet.

"Come on, let's have some real fun"

a/n

vvvvvv short chapter a million apologies!! ive been quite busy with student council meetings and i just wanted to update! sorry babes plezz dont kill me :'( meh you can't kill what's already dead :") btw sorry for mistakes, i didn't check because it's 12am and I have a meeting at 8am asdfghjkl love u xxxx

-bowedwards