24. Mystery, Mirth and 'Mine'

Dedicated to CelipsoWinter for all the votes and lovely comments and not to forget, the amazing quote you wrote that is included in the chapter! You're a real sweetheart, thanks hun!

A huge shoutout to thunderingtyphoons for being one of the earliest supporters of this story. Thank you for your support.

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors.

___

"I might not know who you are to me, I might not know what you could be, but I know that eventually, I will love you unconditionally" - CelipsoWinter

Suzzanah's POV

The minute that thought came to mind, I stopped in my tracks and my eyes went wide. Had I really just thought that?

...being his...

My cheeks warmed and my heart skipped a beat as that thought continued to resonate within me. I couldn't understand why but something about that thought felt so... right! Amidst all this chaos and mayhem the only thing that felt completely and undeniably right was...being his.

I couldn't deny that I was attracted to him, but was that attraction not just because he was so handsome that he could bring a goddess to her knees? Was it not just because of me acting like a crazy hormonal woman getting flustered by the attention he had been giving me lately? Was there really something more significant behind this feeling of belonging I always felt around him?

Every time I heard his voice my body was filled with strange warmth. Every time I laid eyes on him, my heart beat turned erratic and every time he touched me, I was thoroughly electrocuted, literally. But surely there was something wrong with me for feeling this way. I hardly even knew him! And what I did know was the reason for my rather speedy descent to madness. Why did I feel the way I did? Was this natural...or did the supernatural have something to do with how I was feeling as well??

Sighing I raised my head and looked around. I had taken a right from the path that led towards the rooms and decided to go have a look at the Game grounds. On both sides on the fenced cobblestone pathway I was walking on were many thick rows of seemingly never ending trees which no doubt led deeper into the woods. The weather was still cloudy and the sky was a pleasant shade of blue. All in all it was a lovely day.

The only thing that was really odd was that I hadn't seen anyone around since I got here except the resort staff members. In fact it was so quiet that even the faint rustling of leaves by the wind sounded rather loud. Where was everybody? Wasn't anybody else here yet? Had we been the first ones to arrive?

Biting my lip, I started making my way towards the Game grounds when suddenly I heard a sound. It was faint but I definitely heard it. I stopped walking again and listened quietly. A cool wind blew through the rows of trees ruffling my hair and dress before disappearing into the distance and yet again I heard the same faint sound and I recognized it as footsteps. They were coming from behind me.

I quickly turned around and my eyes searched my surroundings till they landed on a small figure in the distance walking down the same cobblestone path that I was on. I blinked trying to get a better view since the person was far away. A few seconds later when I could see the person clearly I realized that it was actually a child. A boy.

He looked no more than 10 years old. He was walking looking down, holding a large brown bag in his hand. He hadn't noticed me yet but if he kept walking he would eventually come up to me. I wondered what he was doing walking around here alone. Where were his parents?