31. Unexpected!

He was upset since the last call, I could see that. The lines on his forehead never loosened since then and I was worried.

Even the drive back home seemed grim, and Rithika fell asleep soon after we were back inside the car. And there was an...an eerie silence inside that car.

It frightened me. Today is the first time I saw him tensed. Only his left hand was on the steering wheel, tightly gripping it, as if waiting for something bad, some news maybe. His right hand was resting on the window, constantly rubbing his forehead.

"Hey, its okay..." I mused, rubbing his hand. He didn't respond to that, eyes still on the road, still tensed.

I slowly rubbed his knee, assuring him that he wasn't alone, not anymore.

"Whatever the problem is, its going to be okay soon." I murmured, slowly.

He exchanged his hands on the wheel and slightly clutched my arm with his left hand, and placed it against his cheek, rubbing it against my palm.

I slowly caressed his face, and reached out to his hair, ruffling it with my fingers. He smiled, and took my hand and kissed it. Then placed it on his chest, on top if his heart.

His heart was beating fast, I could feel that.

"Its okay..." I said again, clutching his hand and squeezing it.

"It will be..." Was all the reply that I got.

I wanted to ask him about the matter, but then refused it. If he wanted to talk about that, then he might have done it already, especially with Rithu sleeping. So I let it go..

But then his phone rang again, and this time, he stopped the car and got out, not before mentioning me to stay there.

I couldn't hear what he was speaking but I could see that he was super tensed. But then I saw him heave out a sigh of relief, and I did too myself.

Then he spoke for a while, and after cutting the call, he walked towards my door, and I opened it for him.

"Dhruvika, I want to talk to you.." He said, bending low to meet my face. Okay, so finally he is ready to talk. I nodded my head, yes.

"Not here" He said, shooting a glance at Rithu. "Come with me.." He continued.

I followed him to the bonnet of the car, where he was leaning. There was not any car in sight And the place seemed deserted.

"Ji, Kya hua? Are you okay?" I asked stepping forward. He reached out to me and without thinking twice, I ran into him, and instantly his arms tightened around me, pulling me into a hug.

I hugged him back, past my shyness. He needed me now, and I have to stand with him, for him.

We stood there for a few minutes, before we pulled out of the hug, but still in each others hands.

"What did you want to talk?" I asked him, and he signed again.

"I'll tell you, but pehele, call me Cherry, this Ji makes me feel old." He said, still serious, but relaxed. Was he trying to make himself relaxed? Or relax me?

"Cherry...." I said and the sound of it gave me goosebumps all over my body. My heart stuttered...

I looked up at him with a blushing face, but found his dull. I took my hand and cupped his left cheek, and bent forward to kiss his other cheek.

His hands instantly closed in on my waist, pulling me in, resting his head in the crook of my neck.

"I don't know how to tell you.." He said. Is it something really bad? Does he think I'm gonna judge him? Then I'm not.. I'd never do that.. I can never do that..