Chapter Four: Bye Bye Amy

(That is Supposed to be Little Mason)

Dale and I walked up to where Jim was. He was digging holes. I had my back pack on still.

"Jim? You okay?" Dale asks. Jim ignores him and keeps digging. "You keep this up, you're gonna keel over out here." No awnser. "Drink some water at least." Dale tries and hands him a bottle of water." Dale gives me the water and leaves. I stay with Jim. He didn't need to be alone but he didn't need grown ups telling him what to do.

"Did you know I am not from Georgia? My Mama and Daddy met in New York City. We had a nice apartment there. You could see the water and the sunset. It was pretty. But then Daddy's boss said we had to move to Georgia. My Daddy was a business man. He Would sell things to people. Mama wrote stories on her computer. She would stay with me at home." I looked to see if Jim was listening, but he was still digging. I started tugging at my fingers.

"Are you like me Jim? I Don't know how to talk to people. Mama says I ramble and to stay quiet. Is that what you do? Cause It is really lonely when you have no one. But Im making friends withDaryl. Last night He let me hold his crossbow, but I thought it was a bow gun. We talked and drew pictures. I drew one of him and his brother and gave it to him for good luck." Jim smiled and stopped for a second. He seemed nice, Like he did care.

"What about everyone else?" He asked then continued to dig.

"Amy is nice, I was with her and the girls. They were doing laundry and talking about what they missed. Andrea and Coral said they missed their vibrators do you know what that is?" This made Jim laugh.

"What else happened?" Jim said avoiding my question.

"Mr. Ed came over, he is scary and mean. He slapped Carol and that wasn't nice. Then Shane came over and hit him. It was scary so I ran to Dale and came up here with you."

"Ed okay?"

"He was hit a lot." I paused whether or not I should ask the question. "Do you like Shane? I see him get angry and violent a lot he doesn't seem nice." Before Jim could awnser, everyone came up. Amy pulled me behind her as Shane began to question Jim.

"Hey, Jim. Jim, why don't you hold up, all right? Just give me a second here, please." Shane said in a calm voice.

" What do you want?" Jim grumbled. He just wanted to be left alone, besides me He liked me.

"We're all just a little concerned, that's all." Shane said and then the spanish guy jumped in too.

"Dale says you've been out here for hours."

"So?" Jim said back, he was still digging.

" So why are you digging? Are you heading to China, Jim?"

"What does it matter? I'm not hurting anyone."

"Yeah, Me and Jim are just talking leave him alone." I said making Shane glare at me and Amy push me back more.

"Yeah, except maybe yourself. It's a hundred degrees today. You can't keep this up." Shane said, but Jim was still digging.

"Sure I can. Watch me."

"Jim, they're not gonna say it so I will. You're scaring people. You're scaring my son and Carol's daughter." The brown haired lady jumped in. She was Carl's Mama and Rick's Wife.

"They got nothing to be scared of. I mean, what the hell, people? I'm out here by myself. Mason has been here and she is fine. Why don't you all just go and leave me the hell alone?" Jim said loudly.

"We think that you need to take a break, okay? Why don't you go and get yourself in the shade? Some food maybe. I'll tell you what... maybe in a little bit I'll come out here and help you myself. Jim, just tell me what it's about. Why don't you just go ahead and give me that shovel?" Shane said and got close to Jim.