10

Dear diary,

Well Kai made things so much worse. His threat left Bonnie and Damon beyond mad and confused about him. They didn't know whether to trust what he said or not.

And I'm concerned, I don't like to see Kai act the way his. I don't like this Kai.

And on top of that, this guilt is still eating me alive because I haven't told Bonnie and Damon the truth. Yet now I'm just afraid of how'd they react if they knew.

Will they see me as a backstabber?

Most likely but I wouldn't blame them.

I'd say that's properly enough for one day.

- Riley

I let out a deep breath, closing my diary and putting it away. I sighed, it was late at night. Bonnie and Damon were still arguing about whether they should trust Kai.

And since I wouldn't be any help to them, I decided to go upstairs, to stay out of the way. I sighed louder, filling my quiet room.

"What to do?" I asked Zeke, glancing over at him. Of course, he hadn't answered. "Helpful, Zeke."

"Maybe I'll go home." I paused and let out a dry laugh. "Oh wait, I don't remember where it is." I fell down on my bed, staring at the ceiling. "Maybe I'll call my friends or that mystery guy."

"Oh wait, I don't remember them." I said sarcastically, looking round the room. My feet dangled in the air, swinging around while I blew out a deep breath. "Maybe I'll I sho-"

From the sounds of my window being open, I sat up in an instant snapping my head at the window but relaxed when I saw it was Kai.

"I come in peace." He said, climbing inside before shutting the window behind him. I rolled my eyes, crossing my legs and he joined me on the bed.

"Why did you do that earlier?"

Kai looked down at his hands. "Because I don't want to be left here alone, you don't know how it is here by yourself everyday for eighteen years, Ri." He paused and ran his hands through his hair. "I need to make sure I get out of here soon."

"Then make sure you don't kill us." I joked and Kai grinned, exposing his perfect teeth. I grinned back, ruffling his hair. "And by the way killing is me is basically killing yourself."

His hair is so soft. I thought.

Kai rolled his eyes, fixing his hair with his hands. "I'm aware and don't worry Ri I'd never kill you." I put my hand over my heart, acting touched. "I'll just wait until we aren't bonded."

"Excuse me?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. Kai chuckled and I smacked his arm. "Yeah, you better be joking Malachai."

Kai and I spent ages talking about the weirdest things that popped in our heads. Somehow it ended up with Kai resting his head on my lap while I played with his hair.

"My family called me an abomination." He suddenly admitted, my smile fell and I stared at him with sympathy. "They never cared for me. Just because I didn't have my own magic, that's why I killed them."

"You're not an abomination, Kai." I told him, he glanced at me with his eyes slightly glossy. I gave him a soft smile. "You're just unique." I added, running my hand through his hair.

Kai sighed, running his hand down his face. "I know I am, Ri."

Rolling my eyes, I chuckled. "Big headed much." I said, he laughed, his face brightening up which made me feel better.