•Sixteen•

I was lying in the makeshift bed inside the guard tower with Glenn by my side gazing at him peacefully, when I was suddenly awoken from my thoughts by the familiar voice of Daryl.

"Hey, Glenn! Anna! You comin'?" He shouted and shortly after stuck his fingers in his mouth whistling trying to get us up.

"No..." Glenn dragged out running his hand down his face not wanting to get up.

"Get rid off them please." I begged pushing him up.

He got up and wandered over to the door, pulling his jeans up at the same time.

"Uhh hey, hey guys." I heard Glenn shout down to whoever else was down there.

"So, You comin'?" Daryl yelled back.

"Yeah sure, sure." Glenn yelled as he turned back to me.
I stood up and walked over to him placing my head in the crook of his neck.

"Where are they taking you?" I asked.

"We're just going to clear out some of the walker bodies." He replied placing his hand on my cheek.

"You need me to help?" I offered.

"Uh no, no you should go help out with Hershel, you're good with that and you're the only one who has any idea what to do." He told me tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"Okay be careful." I replied kissing his hand and smiling at him.

"Always am." He shouted as he climbed down the watchtower.

***

"Well look who's finally awake." I said as Hershel woke up.

"Maggie? Beth? Are they okay?" He immediately asked.

"They're fine. I'll go get them." I told my uncle giving him a small smile.

I walked into the common area where both my cousins were sat eating.

"Hey, you guys might want to see this." I said with a soft smile.

I led them to the cell where they immediately engulfed Hershel in a hug.

"Thank you, thank you so much." Maggie said grabbing my hand and giving it a small squeeze.

"Don't mention it. Family have to stick together right?" I replied smiling. "Oh, look what we found." I continued going to the corner of the room and grabbing the pair of crutches that had been discovered in the infirmary. "You should rest up a few hours more, maybe we can try walking a little later." I said giving him a soft smile before exiting the cell.

***

A few hours later I made my way back to the cell to see how Hershel would get on with the crutches. I advised that he only take a small walk around the cell block but of course him being stubborn wanted to go outside.

I helped Hershel down the steps into the courtyard along with Lori, Beth, Maggie and Carl.
I walked down to the fence where I saw Glenn, Daryl and Rick coming back through the fence on the other side across the small field area.

"Woooo go Hershel!" Glenn shouted when he saw him walking, with crutches of course.

I stood with my hand above my eyes blocking out the sun, smiling at Glenn and looking around at my beautiful family, just wondering how we made it this far.