Twenty - Three

I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long. I hate leaving you guys without an update, but I just couldn't get into this chapter. I guess you read it you'll realise why I found writing this hard.

I'm going to leave a trigger warning here because this chapter does get quite violent (I surprised myself with how bad it got, but I've tried to cut it back a bit, however it's still bad). It also features an attempted rape, emphasis on attempted. Nothing happens, but if your not comfortable or have any uncertainties, please feel free not to read this chapter. I don't want you guys to feel uncomfortable or anything because if those story. Just know the next chapter will be happier.

Here it is anyway. Brace yourselves.

***

Peggy's PoV

"I said, you have such a pretty face. Too bad it won't be when we are finished with you."

The Russian took a step closer, his vile grin only growing wider as she struggled against the men who held her down, her face still in the tight grip of the tall, burly Russian in front of her.

"Ah ah ah," the armed man scolded her as he stepped in front of her, the man to the left dropping to hold her legs.

Peggy felt her head collide sharply with the metal container as the burly man shoved her head back, a dull pain forming on impact. He took her left arm roughly, twisting it and holding it above her head at an awkward and painful angle.

"I have to get out. I have to get out. Alright... Ehm...." Peggy started racking her brain.

She had to get out of this situation. She had to break free, she just didn't know how. And if she didn't figure out soon.....

She tried to swallow her fear as the man in front of twirled the blade between his fingers.

"Four. There's only four of them. Just Burly, Shoulder-man, Knife guy and Shortie."

Peggy winced slightly as she realised that Shortie was moving ahead of the party and was holding onto her in all the wrong places.

"Oh god. I need to get out."

"Oh-," Knife guy sighed. "-I am going to have fun with you," he whispered in her ear as he leaned in close.

Peggy could feel his hot breath hitting her ear as he grinned. He moved away slightly, raising the knife to head height. The moon's glow reflected off the edge of the sharp blade as he brought it closer to her face.

Peggy's breath hitched in her throat as he pressed the flat side if the knife against her cheek, trailing it down her face to her lips. Her eyes didn't leave the Russian's face as his eyes followed the blade's movement on her face.

"What do you say boys, shall we teach this little bitch how we do things back home, huh?" Knife guy asked the men, his eyes not leaving her face as he continued to glide the blade across her face.

The quiet dock was filled with a chorus of "da"s as the other men agreed with him.

The Russian sighed, leaning back in so that his stubble brushed against her cheek, making her shiver in disgust.

"Too bad we have to kill you. We could have had fun, you and I."

Peggy froze where she was, her breath coming out in short puffs, hanging in the freezing New York air as she tried to stay calm.

She needed to play along. As much as she felt like she was going to gag, she had to. She had to survive. She had to get home.

For Steve.