The beginning

Hi everybody! So this is my new fanfiction. Hope you'll like it. It's different from my other story. So hope you'll like this one :D

Enjoy!

*cathrineoriginal*

The Beginning

I was on my way back home. I hadn't been home since May 2009, when my parents died in a car accident. I couldn't stay in Mystic Falls anymore so I went to live a somewhat normal life with my uncle John. John Gilbert. He had always been a jackass but I loved him unconditionally. For as long as I can remember, he was there for me.

Miranda Gilbert wasn't my mother. Grayson had a fling with a girl before he met Miranda and my biological mother didn't want me. Miranda always treated me as if I was her own daughter. She never thought twice about it. I have warm golden blond hair and dark blue eyes. I look nothing like my siblings. I never had a good relationship with my younger sister Elena. From the moment she came in to our family, everything changed. See, I knew from the start that she's adopted. I was 4 years old when my parents brought her home. I saw it. She was too much alike my uncle. She always got the attention. I felt left aside. However, Jeremy and I were close. He is my little brother and I would do anything for him. He was devastated when I decided to leave Mystic Falls but I couldn't stay. I felt like it was Elena's fault that my parents were gone.

I was coming home from work at the local restaurant last night, when Jeremy called me unexpectedly. He wanted me to come home. John was going to sacrifices himself to save Elena. No! Not another family member dead because of her!

So now, I was on my way back to the place I used to call home. It was only a 3-hour drive. Back to the world of vampires, witches and werewolves.

I never expected the supernatural world. Well, I knew it was there but I never really thought that it was real. I only thought of it as make-believe. When John told me about the vampires of Mystic Falls, I knew that he was telling the truth. He taught me to fear and to defeat them. I saw myself as a true human being. Even though I knew, I was special.

How do I know this?

My name is Amy Gilbert and I'm a werewolf.

***********

It was the dawn of a new day when I passed the sign that read "Welcome to Mystic Falls". I felt a shudder. I haven't been here since 2009 and it scared me. I didn't know if my uncle was still alive. The town looked just like I remembered it would. Too small for me but I was here for John and Jeremy. I drove up to the house I once called my home. The house was big and looked like a big family might live here but no. I ran up the stairs and through the doors without knocking. I wanted to see my little brother.

The first person I saw was a man I'd never seen before.

"Who the hell are you?" He almost snarled at me. I gave him a glare and then ignored him. Before I knew it, I was pinned against the wall.

"I'm not going to ask you again. Who. Are. You?" The man in front of me had raven black hair and piercing blue eyes. He was extremely hot but right now, I was pissed.

"It's none of your business. Let me go you freak of a vampire!" I was growling.

"Damon! Let the girl go" I looked up and saw another one standing behind him. He was just as good looking and had the most beautiful eyes ever.