Chapter 17

I'm walking in a field, an empty field surrounded by beautiful flowers, with trees lining the outskirts. In the middle of the field, I see Ryder and Carter, sitting down and playing. As I walk to get closer to them, I notice other children with them. I notice another boy, maybe a few years younger than Carter, and a baby girl, bundled in a pink blanket in Ryder's arms.

As I get closer, I notice that Carter and the other boy look very similar. They both play around, running through the grass and playing with a dodgeball. I walk closer and suddenly the younger boy sees me, "Mommy!" he yells, before dropping the ball and running towards me. The boy can't be older than three years old as he runs towards me. Out of instinct I reach down and pick the little boy up in my arms, "I miss you mommy." he says, nuzzling his face in my neck.

I smile as Carter comes over to us, and he looks older, maybe 8 or 9, "Hi mom." he says, giving me a hug before grabbing my hand and leading me over to Ryder and the baby. Ryder stands up and walks over to me, kissing my lips, "Hey there baby." He says, before bending down to the little boy in my arms, "Nathan, let go of mommy, and you can play with me and Carter." He says.

The boy, Nathan, wiggles to get out of my grasp and I put him on the ground. Ryder smiles at me, then looks at the baby girl, "Okay, and now you, my beautiful Ava, will go with momma while I play with your brothers," He coos to the baby, before placing her in my arms. I eagerly take the baby from Ryder, holding her in my arms. I look at the little baby and I am not surprised that she looks a lot like me. I reached my hand out cradle the baby's cheek, but as soon as I made contact, everything changes.

Ava somehow vanished from my arms, "What the hell!?" I say, turning around to look for Ryder, Carter and Nathan, but I am shocked at what I see instead.

Bodies, bodies everywhere, covered in blood, lying on the ground, dead. I look around, there must be at least 200 people dead here.

I walk around, seeing both familiar and unfamiliar faces. I walk for a few seconds before I see a familiar face, Jacob. I gasp as I see the huge gash on his stomach, and all the blood surrounding him leads me to believe that he died from blood-loss.

I continue walking around and my nostrils are bombarded with scents, but the most and prevalent smell was the one that worried me the most, rouge. I continue to walk around, but stop dead in my tracks as I see something that wrenches my heart, and I feel myself literally dying inside.

There, in a pile all by themselves, is my family. Carter lies down with Nathan in his arms, both with bullet holes in their heads. Next to them was Ryder, his body viciously mutilated, all the while with little baby Ava in his arms, a single stab wound in her chest. I drop to the floor and cry, pulling them all in my arms. I kiss each one of them on the head and kiss Ryder's cold lips, the lips I loved to kiss. I cry for a while, laying on Ryder's chest, holding my children. Then I heard someone behind me, "This is all your fault Kara, they died because of you.." The voice says as he picks me and drags me away from my babies, from Ryder.

I kicked and screamed for them to let me go, to let me die so I can be with my family. But no one listened, they brought me to a man, who just smirked at me, "You are mine now." he says, and I scream.......

"Kara! Wake up Kara!" Ryder screams, shaking my shoulders. I wake up quickly, sitting up in my bed, my body covered in sweat. It was just a dream...

"Are you okay Kara?" He asks rubbing my back, and I just break out in tears, "Can you just hold me?" I say, hugging myself as I cry.

"Of course, baby," He says, sitting down on the bed and picking me up in his arms, resting me in his lap, rocking me back and forth. I cling to his shirt like a little girl and I cry. After about five minutes, Ryder decides to speak, "Do you want to talk about it?" he asks slowly and softly, almost a whisper.