Chapter 1

Keon:

When I left Chicago all I wanted to do was be a better me so I moved to Miami. I guess you could say I was doing great. I owned a local barber shop and a men's wear store. Life couldn't be better I opened my door and found a baby stroller filled with a toddler in it. I wasn't gonna take care of a kid that wasn't mines so I went straight for a DNA test. She was mines but now I wanted to know who was the mother. It didn't matter because I was going to be the best father I could be. No one night stands, I wasn't even looking for a girlfriend. I was looking for a wife but until then It was just going to be me and my daughter Kennedy.

Ameerah: After the rape I didnt know where to start. I already didnt have any friends so it was just me and Jabari once again. That's until he found a girlfriend. Then we spent lest time with each other. I wasnt complaining though because I loved Candice. She was the friend I never had. I went to college and everything went well but now it was time for me to make a career for my life. I was pregnant after I was raped but unfortunately I lost the baby. That scarred me but I eventually made it through that time in my life. I think I need a change of scene. I had a cousin who lived in Miami and she asked me to come live with her. I think I would take her up on that offer.

*Excerpt above*

Chapter 1

*Keon POV*

I chuckled while walking into my house and locking the door behind me. I had just got from the club and it was hectic up in that mofo just like always. Strippers and bands getting throwed everywhere is what I liked to see on a Saturday night. Monday through Friday was my days of putting in work. My grind was non stop but I took two days outta the week for myself. Ever since I moved I made sure to worry about myself and to make sure I was alright. I felt like all I was doing back home was worrying about others and trying to care for others. But this time nothing was stopping me from doing what I wanted to do.

I headed up the stairs while stripping and almost tripped over my clothes. I really needed to clean up this damn room. Working non stop and partying on the weekends anything else didnt get handled. I didnt have a significant other and I wouldnt have time for one if i did.

As I headed to my in-suite bathroom I started my shower and got in. I did my business and after that it was lights out for me.

**********************************************************************

I awoke that morning to the constant ringing of my doorbell. I ignored it and continued to sleep. Whoever it was had to be crazy if they thoought I was finna get up outta my sleep for them. If it was an emergency Im sure they would have called and if they didnt have my number then it couldnt have been to important. I rolled back over and landed on the floor. I quickly sat up already angry at whoever was at the damn door. I blamed them for me falling on the cold ass floor.

I eventually got up and walked downstairs without even bothering to put on a shirt. That could wait cus apparently whoever was at this door really needed my time.

I hopped down the stair two at time passing the kitchen and made my way to the front door. I swung it open already forming my mouth to start cursing. I didnt see anybody though which was weird as fuck because I knew for a fact that the bell had been ringing for at least 10 minutes. I looked around the drive and spotted nothing but on the edge of the porch I saw a glimpse of pink cover attatched to what seemed like a baby car seat.

I slowly made my way towards the unknown bundle and snatched the cover off of the seat. My suspicians were filled. A baby laid quietly in the stroller without even making a noise. Normal babies that I knew would have been quick to holler which is why I thought that me and babies didnt mix. This baby was different though it wasnt making no type of damn noise but I knew it was alive though as she stared at me and I was damn sure staring at her.

Eventually I took her inside and sat it on the coffee table and just stared some more. I was really shocked because who in their right mind would drop their baby off in front of my door step. I hoped to this baby wasnt mines but if it was I wouldnt have a choice but to take care of it. After all if it was then I had helped contributed to it. The first thing on my list was getting a DNA test.

I ran upstairs climbing them two by two and headed into my closest to throw on something quick to wear. I didnt have time to be putting on a show for females I was on a mission. I knew I wouldnt get the results back in one day so I might as well had to the store and pick up some food for the baby. I really didnt have any idea how to take care of a baby so maybe I should call somebody. But who in the hell would I call. I hadnt spoken to my mother since I left but she knew where I was. I had been forgiven her for what she had done but now that I was older I could see that maybe she was just trying to protect me. When your'e a child you dont see things like that though.

I threw on a lime green and grey nike shirt with the original "Just Do It" logo, some jogging pants and some nike slides. I grabbed my keys and my phone off the bedside table and headed back down to the main floor. I could hear the baby cooing as I approached her. I looked down at her and made sure she was okay and headed back out the door. If the baby was mines then I guess I would have to change my car too. I sighed as I turned up the radio, this was finna be a long journey.

"This my shit" I whispered as I turnt my radio volume up.