Trolls

“Never mind the seasoning; we ain’t got all night! Dawn ain’t far away, so let’s get a move on. I don’t fancy being turned to stone.” Tom snapped as he turned the stake with half of the dwarves roasting on it as Bilbo heard the main point of what the Troll had just said. Turned to stone? He got an idea, maybe he could buy them more time. Dawn couldn't be too far away he thought. Struggling at first he managed to get to his feet and jump forward.

“Wait! You are making a terrible mistake.” He cried out gaining everyone's attention as Thorin just glared at the hobbit. Wondering what else could this Hobbit do to make things any worse.

“You can’t reason with them, they’re half-wits!” Dori called out from the stake as it was being turned consistently.

“Half-wits? What does that make us?” Bofur responded slightly offended as the three Trolls just glared down at Bilbo.

“Uh, I meant with the, uh, with, uh, with the seasoning.” Bilbo quickly thought off as he frowned to himself slightly before nodded trying to convince the monsters.

“What about the seasoning?” Bert asked as he came closer towards Bilbo bending down, almost too interesting in what he had to say. Bilbo was personally rather uncomfortable with how close the Troll was, but he couldn't exactly explain, since he needed to focus on a plan to buy time for the sun to arrive and turn them to stone.

“Well have you smelt them? You’re going to need something stronger than sage before you plate this lot up.” Bilbo sneered as from behind the dwarves were all calling him a traitor and threatening to kill him. Though if they didn't get out of this alive it wouldn't matter. Thorin was ready to kill Bilbo as he squirmed harder in his sack trying to get out so he could ring Bilbo's neck. The other dwarves who were closer to Bilbo were quickly him roughly from behind in the sacks as he turned round and glared at them, before he looked back up to the Trolls.

“What do you know about cooking dwarf?” Tom sneered down at Bilbo before he was cut off by his brother.

“Shut up, and let the, uh, flurgaburburrahobbit talk.” Bert gave a smile, his rotten teeth made Bilbo want to gag as he gave a slight nod though he wanted nothing more than to just run.

“Uh, th--the secret to cooking dwarf is, um--” Bilbo began, his mind started to block as he panicked slightly. What if he couldn't think of anything and his plan failed? He worried a little.

“Yes? Come on." Bert encouraged giving him a prod almost making Bilbo fall back over but he jumped to keep his balance.

"It’s, uh--” He muttered trying hard to think. THINK BILBO! He cried out in his head. He knew all their lives depended on him to think on a plan to get them out of here.

“Tell us the secret.” Bert kept encouraging

“Ye--yes, I’m telling you, the secret is … to skin them first!” Bilbo shouted out before he gasped realizing what he had just told the Trolls, wincing knowing that he would be dead meat as soon as they were all free.