Chapter 26

"Please be extra careful." Liam says for the hundredth time over the phone. "I don't like the thought of you driving in your condition." I tap my fingers on the steering wheel as I wait for the red light to turn green. 

"Oh please, Liam." I sigh, "It's not like I lost both my hands that I can't drive or hold the steering wheel." I tell him. 

"Don't say that." he says in a serious voice. I could picture him right now, rubbing his forehead with his hand. I'd like to tell him to stop doing what he's probably doing because it will give him wrinkles. But you don't mess with Liam when he uses that serious voice of his. You just don't. 

"Okay." I reply. "I promise to be extra careful." The light finally turns green and my car accelerates. "Why am I headed there, anyways?" I ask. I had woken up to a message from Liam in which he had given me an address to go to and I still have no idea what's in that address. 

"Trust me." he replies. "You have to trust me because I know you love me." he sings in a melodic tune. 

"I do?" I ask teasingly. 

"Not funny." he says, clicking his tongue. "Anyways, where are you at? I'm already here." he asks. 

I groan, "Where is here?" I ask him, probably for the fifth time today. "You know that I hate not knowing things. If that even makes sense." I tell him.

He chuckles, "I know. That's why I'm not telling you." he replies. 

I laugh as I finally arrive at the address he had given me. "Well," I give out a sigh. "I guess I'm about to find out. I'm here." I tell Liam. I park the car by the side of the road in front of a huge house. "What on earth are you doing here?" I ask, stepping out of the car. I'ts been a week since I've been discharged from the hospital. And most of my injuries have healed. Well, except my right arm. It's still wrapped in a cast. 

"Just come in." he replies happily. "I'm waiting inside." I end the call and put my phone in my bag. I walk over towards the front door and ring the door bell. Liam opens it with a huge smile on his face. "Hey love, welcome home." he says, leading me to the living room. 

"Home?" I ask, taking a look around. The house was huge and I love the interior design especially the wooden floors. It was a two story house and the living room was super spacious. 

He nods, "Yup." he replies, popping the p. "I plan on buying the house. Do you like it?" he asks. 

I nod and turn around to face him. "This place is unbelievable. It's a great house. You should really buy it, Li." I tell him. "But it's your house. Why does my opinion matter?" I ask him. 

He smiles and holds both my hands. "Because I'd like it if we lived here. Together." he replies. "Lexi, will you move in with me?" 

I smile widely like a little kid who had just seen a unicorn. I nod and throw myself at him, giving him a tight hug. "I'd love to!" I reply, pulling myself away so that I could look at his face. 

"I'm glad you said that." he says, giving me a quick kiss on the lips. "Do you want to see the other parts of our house?" he asks. I nod in reply and he grabs my hand as he gives me a tour around.

We start off in the first floor. He shows me the study room in which he plans on turning into a studio.  Next off is the huge dining room and the chef's kitchen, making me quite eager to cook in. There was a swimming pool outside and in the second floor were five bedrooms and bathrooms. 

A few minutes later and were back down to the living room, taking one last look at the house. We were going to move in in a few days since Liam had already bought it yesterday.