Chapter 29

"Lexi, dear. We have to leave soon," Aunt Jenna calls from downstairs. "Alice, wear something more sophisticated." I hear her say. Aunt Jenna and Alice arrived from America last night. Dad had to go with the boys on tour, so these two ladies made sure to be here with me. 

"I'll be downstairs in a minute!" I reply, putting on a pair of earrings and the necklace that Liam had given me for my graduation. I touched it softly as it lay on my skin. How I wished he was here. I don't think I'll be able to face Richard without Liam by my side. I had no choice, though, but to do so. 

I take one last look at myself in the mirror, taking in a deep breath. After putting on my high heels, I walk downstairs. "Finally," Alice says once she sees me. "I'm driving," she announces, grabbing my car keys from the table and heading outside. Aunt Jenna and I follow her as Alice rushes to the driver seat. I sit at the back, letting Aunt Jenna take the shotgun seat. 

Once Alice starts the engine, my phone starts ringing. I take it out of my purse and I take a look at the caller ID. It was Liam. Just seeing his name light up in my screen made me smile. I answer it. "Hey," I say. 

"Hey, love," he replies. "Are you already in court?" he asks. 

"We're still on our way," I tell him. 

"Ok. Make sure to call me once it's all done. I want to know everything," he says. 

I nod, "I'll make sure to do just that," I reply.

"I'm so sorry I can't be there," he apologizes for the hundredth time. 

"It's ok, Li. Don't feel so bad about it," I tell him.

"I just want to be there to hold your hand and tell you that everything's going to be okay. I want to be there when that jerk gets sentenced to serve in prison for what he did to you," he says with a stern voice. 

"I know you want to be here, Li. I also wished you were here. But you're on tour and it's your job to be there," I say, feeling tears well up at the corner of my eyes because I miss him so much. 

"But it's also my job to make sure that my girlfriend is safe and it's also my job to always be there by your side especially at times like these," he replies, causing some of the tears to escape from my eyes. 

"I love you, Liam," I say, sniffing as I wipe away the tears. 

"I love you too, Lexi. More than you could ever imagine," he replies, "Please don't cry, love. I'll try to come home as soon as I can. I promise." 

"Okay," I say in reply, "Enjoy your time there."

He chuckles. "You know that I can't really enjoy my time here without you around," he says. 

I giggle. "Cheesy," I tease, smiling. 

"But romantic," he adds, laughing, "Admit it, you like it when I get all cheesy." 

"Hmm," I say, pretending to think about it, "Maybe just a bit."

He continues laughing. "You are so in denial," he says. 

"Oh, you wish!" I say, laughing. "So, how was the flight?" I ask. They left for France very early in the morning. Dad and Liam didn't want me to be tired so they decided not to let me come along with them to the airport. Even though they knew that I really wanted to drop them off. 

"It was okay," he replies, giving out a yawn. I can hear him trying to stop his yawn by covering his mouth. 

"Li, you better go get some sleep," I tell him, "I'll make sure to call you later."

"Okay, love. Bye," he says. But before he could end the call, he shrieks as someone grabs his phone from him. 

"Leeeexxxiiiii!!" Louis shouts at the phone. "Make sure to give that Richard death glares, alright?" he says, making me laugh.