(15)

Song Above: Boasy Avelino

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

I quickly pulled away as soon as he responded, widening my eyes at his looming figure above me.

I couldn't believe what had just happened.

We were kissing.

After his date with my best friend.

After catching me stealing his snacks.

He slowly opened his closed eyes and stared down at me. His cheeks stained red and his plump lips held in a firm line.

For a while we kept silent, the only sound being our heavy breathing lingering in the air around us.

I could still feel the tingle on my lips from where we kissed and I couldn't help but subconsciously keep flickering my eyes toward his lips yearning to meet them again.

I was surprised to find him doing the same.

"You are so beautiful Ivy," Brody breathed, his whiskey coloured eyes slowly raked my body.

At the realization of his words, my heart accelerated and heat flushed my face. I suddenly felt conscious of every touch or brush of his skin against mine. I kept replaying his words over and over again in my head resisting the urge to smile.

Brody Jackson had called me beautiful.

I didn't understand why I was reacting like this. A few days ago Ryan had said the same thing but hearing it come out of Brody's mouth had such a bigger impact. Maybe because it was least expected.

I brought myself out of my thoughts and realized I had not responded.

Since when did I become mute?

"Thank-"

"Brody are you okay?" I heard a familiar high pitched voice call from downstairs and I felt all the colour drain from my face.

"Rose is here?" I choked out, hearing my heart thudding rapidly against my rib cage.

Of course Rose was here. 

What was I doing? She was my best friend. They'd just been on a date.  A sickening feeling formed in my stomach and I turned my head to the side so I didn't have to look at him, afraid I'd give everything away in one look. 

"We were going to watch a movie, I had no idea you were here," Brody's voice wavered and I could see an unknown emotion spark in his eyes for a split second before they hardened.

"I have no idea why I'm here either," I said and he pulled his brows together in confusion. 

I still had no idea how I ended up in his bed and wearing his brother's t-shirt. I hoped I hadn't in my drunken state thrown myself at him. That would be very mortifying since I'd only just met the guy this week.

Speaking of Ryan where the hell-

"Brody that Rose girl is calling you, will you-Wait what's going on here?"