Chapter 18: The Meeting - Part II

Chapter 18
Cade Felix Thompson
The Meeting - Part II

They all come in as I motion for them to enter the house. Stepping on the side a bit so they will have a lot of space to come inside the house, I give them a grin as I look at them one by one. They, too, give me a smile as they pass me by. When they are all inside the living room, they sit on the sofas and begin to talk.

"Okay, the pizza will be here shortly." I say to them as I take a seat beside George. He has grown up a lot. His hair grew longer, but still cropped, and his eyes are even bluer than what I saw back when we were high school students. "Apparently, you guys came in earlier. I don't have time to, you know, prepare a meal for you guys, so I figured pizza will do. It will be here for a few more minutes."

"That's fine," George says. Plus, his voice becomes even deeper, very manly. What shocking is, he still doesn't have a wife or children. He's the only one that doesn't have a kid of a wife. Tesla once joked that maybe, George was gay. But he's not. I'm sure of it. "I'm still kind of full."

"Don't worry about it," Esther says as she gives me a smile. "We ate at lunch, so we're not hungry yet." Her hair became short, like a man's hairstyle. But even though her haircut is that way, she still looks beautiful. And the fact that she has 4 kids, it's nearly impossible for some people who don't know her that she's already a mother of four kids. Everybody agrees with Esther, nodding their head at me.

"So, what's the plan?" asks Tesla. Beside George, Tesla was closest to Chad and he knows every secret of Chad, except Chad dating me. It remained a secret, until I told them everything. To be honest, they were all shocked to find out the truth. They did not quite expect it. Even Tesla. So they were eager to find out the truth more, so I told them everything. From the start. From why I was being a bully to Chad to making him mine. Once explained, they now understand what Chad felt after I left him. Tesla was the angriest. He told me that I shouldn't have done that and I was such an asshole and I took his every word because I deserved it. We're okay now, though. "Maggy the Lesby?"

"Oh, fuck off, Tesla." Maggy mutters as she flips her hair.

"Geez, we can't still believe that you married Bobby," Karl mutters and Carlo nods his head furiously.

"That's what you guys wanted when we were high school students," Maggy mumbles as she gives Tesla and the others a death glare. "You guys kept pushing me to Bobby back then. And now we're together, you guys just can't shut up about it."

"Well, you were supposed to be Maggy the Lesby," I join in, which earns me a bird from Maggy. Each members has a house near my place so it's not a burden when they agreed to go in my house to discuss what would be the plan. "Anyways, let's get to discussion. Each one of you already knows what really happened between Chad and I. And... to be honest, this is the first time that I will ever, ever, ever say that... I love Chad in public. I made a huge mess back when we were in High School, and I'm not fixing things right now just because I want to get Chad back in my arms. I'm doing this because I want to earn his forgiveness. I want us to be at least friends. And I'd really like some help from you guys."

"Nice speech, man." Carlo says as he claps then gives me a smile. "We understand. And we will help you to earn Chad's forgiveness. We owe Chad, too and this might be the best time to reconcile with Chad. We haven't seen his smile or laugh for, like, what? Two decades or something. We lost track. We want to apologize to Chad, too, since we, you know, didn't help him throughout the problem he was going through."

Everyone is silent for awhile as we think of Chad and why we had left him. The memories are painful for us to bear, so we tend to push the thoughts away as we make plans. The best way to introduce ourselves back to Chad's life is to knock on his door with a smile. A single sorry won't be enough, but we have come to terms that we will not stop until we earn Chad's forgiveness. It will be hard and tough, like I've been mentioning before, but it will be all worth it.

That's our discussion is. But when the pizza arrives, the discussion about Chad turns into a discussion of what happened in their lives while they were away with each other. I tell them that I'll be the one to get the pizza so they can continue chatting up with each other. So I head over to the front door, open the door, and the pizza delivery guy greets me with a smile. He must be in his early 20s or something. I pick up my wallet from my pants' pocket, pull out a hundred dollar, give him the money and tell him to keep the change and his face lights up like a kid eating very sweet chocolates for the first time in his life. The guy hands me the three large pepperoni pizzas that I have ordered and I take it and give him a smile and a pat on the shoulder and he says a thank you to me. I close the door and head back to the living room and place the pizzas on the table. They all whoop and chuckle and start joking around with each other. Maggy gets teased a lot. They keep joking Maggy, who, according to her friends, has turned into a straight beautiful woman with no trace of homosexuality at all. Maggy then mutters about her regretting the decision she has made, which earns a loud laugh from us.

We are just joking around and I look at the people that are around me. It's falling back into its rightful place and it makes my heart swell with happiness, thinking that for once, I've done a good deed in my life. This may not be the most good thing that I've done for everyone, but I will always treasure this. All my life, I've always been a bastard to both of my parents. They didn't like me in the first place. They never liked me at all. And now that they are dead, I'm already free. I know it's harsh of me to say these things, but if they're here around me, I would be like a puppet to them. They had a control of me. Everything they told me to do, I did it without putting up a fight. I had a lot of respect to them because they were the ones who kept me sheltered and alived and well. But never once in my life I felt that they loved me. Because they never did. I was a disappointment for them. I'm pulled out of my deep thought when Tesla snaps his fingers in front of my face. Everybody is looking at me with worried eyes.

"Cade, are you okay?" Tesla asks me and I look at everyone and give them a smile, nodding a bit.

"Yes, I am." I tell them and they sigh in relief. "It just makes me happy, knowing that I'm doing the right thing."

"Thank you, Cade." George tells me genuinely and gives me a wide smile. "Because of you, the friendships that were broken are fine and mended now. We wouldn't be joking, laughing, telling stories with each other right now if it wasn't because of you. We all thank you, Cade. You're not so bad, after all. But remember, you're still an asshole that brought a beer in the dancing competition." Everyone chuckles.

"I remember that," I chortle, laughing lightly. "Yeah, I was an asshole. Still is. So, tomorrow, perhaps, why don't we visit Chad?" Everyone looks at one another and nods with a determined expression.

"Let's do it," everyone says in unison and we all laugh. My heart beats faster at the thought of meeting Chad again for the first time since forever. I expect a negative reactions from him, and I will accept it. I'm at least half-prepared.

What would be Chad's reaction when he sees me in front of his house? Would he get mad? Would he shout at me? Would he curse me? My mind is flashing different images of Chad's reaction, and all of them are negative.

Tomorrow, I will meet Chad again. Tomorrow, I will see him again.

And I'm excited.