9. Along Came Drama

"T'is the season to be jolly!" Vincent sang as he sat down at our lunch table.
"Fah la la la la, la la la la" Silver joined in, Elijah winced as they harmonised.
"It is not the season to be jolly, it is just December" he spat out at the merry pair.
"I believe a humbug has infiltrated our group" I raised an eyebrow at him but he just shook his head, tired of our good-tidings and joy.

"Will you get me a girlfriend for Christmas, this year P?" Riley requested, calling across the table to me.
"Riley, I wouldn't wish that on anyone" I replied before taking a bite of my delicious, heavenly sandwich. I felt uneasy when everyone around the table began to shift in their seats, all avoiding looking at the same thing. I turned to see that they were all desperately avoiding the gaze of Mia Hastings who stood, staring down at me.

"Hey Elijah" she chimed, giving him a pouty smile, he just looked confused by this, with one eyebrow dubiously raised. "Is this seat taken, Polly?"
Be nice. Be nice. I repeated to myself over and over. Don't make a scene in front of the whole school.
"It's Peyton actually, and no" I gave her a tight lipped smile. I turned to look at Silver who was glaring like I had never seen her glare before. She looked murderous.

"So you remember that thing we talked about a while ago?" she was talking directly to me, piercing me with her steely eyes.
"What?- Oh yeah, I remember"
"Well it seems that you may have forgotten" her voice was too chirpy, overly friendly seeing as though her words were meant as a threat. She knew everyone was watching, ready to pounce if she put one foot out of place.

"Come to cheer practice tonight, we need someone to fill in and I've always wanted you on the squad" she grinned at me, but this was no friendly request. Was she going to kill me? No way, not in front of the whole gymnasium.

"And" I heard her speak before she lowered her voice to a whisper "I'm gonna need your help with the thing".
"Oh" I nodded my head in understanding, she wanted my help getting Elijah! My mind began whirring with the possibilities, oh the fun I could have with this. I could make Mia embarrass the hell out of herself whilst simultaneously winding up Eli, and I wouldn't even have to move a muscle!

"What the hell was that about?" Eli burst out when she finally left.
"She's so hot" Blake was practically drooling.
"She wants my help with something" I shrugged my shoulders.
"What sort of help could princess ditz want from you?" Silver sounded annoyed and confused.

"Excuse you, I have many assets!" I tried to defend myself.
"Your ability to cheer and exude preppy spirit is not one of them" Eli said, before stealing half of my sandwich, again, this was becoming far too regular.
"That's what you think, just wait" I warned, pointing a threatening finger at him.

"She wants me" Riley said, reclining in his seat cockily.
"No? She obviously wants me?" Blake argued.
"Dude, you're ugly?" Riley replied as we all leaned forward, about ready to burst. He technically just called himself ugly?

"I'm the hot twin!" Blake exclaimed, gesturing his hands dramatically.
"We all know that I'm the hot twin" Kai joined in the hysterical argument. It was like they were born with one brain between them. I had once checked if this was scientifically possible, but since they're not Siamese twins, it's not. But I still have my doubts.

"Dude! We're like five inches taller than you! We're the hottest twins, I'm just-" Riley began but was interrupted by Sebastian.
"Wow wow wow. Obviously, Peyton and I are the hottest twins here? I mean, I'm at least an inch taller than you two"

"Well, if we're going on height, I'm at least two inches taller than everyone at this table so I think this argument is over" Elijah butted in and brought the barbaric argument to an end, for once I didn't have to mother my brothers and break up their childish argument, even if I did find it hilarious.