Chapter 19: The Meeting - Part III

Chapter 19
Cade Felix Thompson
The Meeting - Part III

My heart rate picks up a speed as I wake up on my bed, sheets tangled around my feet and body. I fell asleep last night thinking of Chad. Today is the day. We will meet Chad in the afternoon. The plan is just to surprise him. Our plan sounds lame, but we thought that if we ever called him, there's a higher chance that he would hang up the call. It's better to show our faces than to give him a call. Plus, I know Chad, he's not really fond of using mobile devices or any technologies of some sort. I bet he only uses his phone for making phone calls for his business, to contact his son and wife.

The birds chirp happily on the windowsill. I watch them sing a bit and they fly towards the light blue sky. Taking off the tangled sheets around me and swinging my feet off to the ground, I shiver as my bare feet make contact with the cold wooden floor. Running to the bathroom, I immediately open the faucet of the sink and splash a cold water on my face to make myself fully awake. I watch myself in the mirror and pray to God for Chad to forgive me. My mother once told me that gays and lesbians were going to burn in Hell because of their odd nature. But I do not believe that, and I'm not going to burn in Hell just because I'm... gay. I'm going to burn in Hell if I do such crimes and bad things, that's what I know. Smiling full of courage to myself, I open the cabinet, grab a toothbrush and a toothpaste, wet the toothbrush, pour the toothpaste on top of the toothbrush, and then brush my teeth carefully and slowly. Then I open the faucet, bend down a bit and capture the water with my mouth to gargle. Spitting the water in my mouth, I give a huge grin in front of the mirror to see my teeth white and clean. I walk back to the room and make up my bed, folding the sheets neatly. Then I head over to the computer desk, where my pants are placed in a fold, and grab the pants and wear them. I only wore a boxer when I slept last night.

Grabbing a white shirt from the closet and wearing them, I head downstairs to make myself some breakfast; a sunny side up and bacon and a hot chocolate will lighten up my day. I turn on the stove, lean down a bit to open the cabinet where the pans are placed, and grab and small pan then put it on the stove. I put a little bit of oil and let the pan to be warm before I grab an egg inside the refrigerator and crack it on the edge of the pan before spilling the content on the pan. I also grab the bacon strips inside the fridge and place them on top of the counter beside the stove. I grab a small plate that is on the cabinet on top of me and place them on the table. Grabbing a spatula that is hanging on the kitchen utensils rack, I grab the pan, walk over to the table where my plate is, and use the spatula to transfer the sunny side up to the plate. Then after transferring, I get four bacon strips and place them on the pan and the pan makes a sizzle noise and I nearly run because I don't want the heated oil to hit me because it hurts like hell. There's still some rice in the rice cooker, so I head over and use a spoon on getting the rice and put them on the plate. As soon as the bacons are done, I immediately transfer them to the plate and take a seat on the stool and begin to eat. I'm one of those people who like to eat eggs, bacons, or hotdogs with rice in the morning rather than having a cereal or pancake to start a day. No, that's not suitable for me. Even when I was a kid, I'd prefer to eat rice than having a bread to start my day. That's why there's always a rice being cooked for me in the morning. Even when my ex-wife Elaine did it for me. She knows I don't like breads or cereals or pancakes in the morning so she used to cook rice in the morning. Josh doesn't understand me but he got used to it. Sometimes, he would join me to eat rice, sometimes, he wouldn't if he doesn't feel like it.

After I'm done eating, I let out a burp and excuse myself because it's disgusting and head upstairs to my room to pick my phone on the nightstand and check if there are any messages. None. So I put my phone back in my pocket and run downstairs. I still have a lot of time to compose myself. Maybe four or five o'clock in the afternoon, me and whole squad will go to Chad's house. Checking up the time, it's just 9:42 in the morning so an exercise will take off my mind to the situation I'm in right now. Grabbing my rubber shoes underneath the stairs (there's a mini room for my rubber shoes collections), I get a blue Sketchers and wear them. Satisfied, I run off my house and hit the road. I think I'm the only one jogging who likes to wear pants instead of a more comfortable jogger pants or something but who cares, right? So I jog for at least an hour and then head back to the house.

Sweats are trickling down my forehead and cheeks, to my neck, legs and arms and I'm out of breath because of the jogging. The white shirt is clinging onto my body and I decide I should take a rest for awhile before showering. Fishing my phone out of my pocket, I turn the screen on to see if I have any message. There's a missed call, but the person certainly did not leave a voicemail. I find out that it's George who called me. Creasing my forehead, I send him a quick text message, asking if why he called me and in a minute, he replies, saying that he just wanted to say that they will be here in my house at 5 in the afternoon and I send him a reply, telling him that it's okay. After I send the text message, I go upstairs and as soon as I'm inside my room, I let myself fall on the bed that I just made up, thinking that I can take a bath later. A good nap will be fine. So I crawl on the bed until I'm resting my head on the soft pillow and I sigh in contentment as the soreness of my legs are fading away. I shut my eyes slowly and feel the cool air circling around my room and without taking up much time, I fall asleep.

When I wake up, it's already 4 in the afternoon and I jerk myself up and mumble a shit. How come I fell asleep that long? Oh, I was up all night. That could be the reason. But ugh, nevermind. Checking my phone again to see if there are any messages, I see that Tesla, Esther, Maggy and the others sent me a message, telling me that they are about to go here in my house. I feel a wave nausea runs in my stomach and I get dizzy all of a sudden. I support myself from dropping on the floor by having a tight grip on the chair. Letting out a nervous breath, I quickly run into the shower while ignoring the nauseous feeling that is bubbling inside me as well as the dizziness. I strip myself off and then open the shower.

After showering, I grab a spare of clothes and new pants - a light blue polo shirt and a gray pants, and wear them. Deciding that I should not worry about my hair and let it as it is right now - tousled hair. I wear a black, with green front, Vans to match my outfit. Checking myself out in the mirror, I give a thumbs-up to myself and grin, then frown as I feel another wave of nausea and I shake my head a bit. Then the doorbell rings and I run downstairs to open the door for the whole squad. As soon as I open them, George greets me with a huge smile, excitement written all over his face but at the same time, you can clearly see that he's also worried and scared. All of them have the same expression as George and I guess I'm the only one who has a very negative feeling.

"Let's go meet our old friend, shall we?" George says to me.

I nod at him, smiling sadly and nervously. "Sure, let's meet Richard Neil Sky."