Chapter 30

30 chapters! This is officially the most I have ever wrote in one story!! :) thanks to all of my supporters, I love all of you.

ALSO CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO GET RID OF A RAGING PIMPLE IN THE MIDDLE OF MY FACE?? I've tried spot treating it for like 4 days now. None of this stupid expensive skincare crap I use is working.

Also I hate working the week of thanksgiving, everyone is extra fucking crazy.

-tots out

"This isn't just because you're pregnant by the way. I was going to ask you last week, but you were ignoring me." He quickly added on. I blushed, ashamed of my actions.

"Yes, I'll move in with you." I beamed at him. He quickly took me into his arms, pulling me into him and pressing a rough kiss to my lips. After he released me he grabbed my arm and began to pull me down the hallway.

"I was thinking this room could be the nursery." He opened a door to reveal a decently sized room. It was empty, so it was the perfect blank slate. "Once we figure out the sex we can start to decorate, she's going to be a she by the way."

I looked up at him, his eyes on me while he smirked, and suddenly all of my nerves and worries disappeared. Carson was all in. The heavy weight I felt I was carrying around was lifted. I squeezed his hand in mine, and reached up to kiss him on the cheek. "Everything is perfect, Carson. Thank you so much."

"Anything for you, Lucy. I think there's a few more rooms I need to show you." He showed me his office, where he would be working from home so he could be with the baby and I as much as possible, the bathroom with the claw foot tub and finally the bedroom. Everything was perfect. "We can move your things in by the end of the week if you would like?"

"Sounds good to me." I couldn't stop smiling, realizing just how happy i had become.

*********

The grand opening of The Knightly approached faster than I had expected, and as soon as that was over I would be moving into the pent house the next morning.

"I have no idea what to wear." I whined over the phone as I sorted through my closet.

"Cocktail dress." Lily mumbled over the phone. She was so helpful. I rolled my eyes.

"Black or red?" I asked, even though I knew she was barely paying attention.

"Black, obviously. Red is too sexy, this is not a sexy event." She spoke. "I'm going to wear green though."'

"Maybe I should try purple?" I wasn't in the mood to wear black that evening.

"Sounds good."

I sighed, slightly annoyed with my best friend. "Lily are you okay? You sound distracted."

"Yeah, I'll talk to you later tonight." We said our goodbyes and hung up and I felt more confused than I had before. I pulled out a simple violet Cocktail dress, and a pair of red bottoms. After changing quickly I put on my diamond studs and left my hair down in curls. Once I was finished getting ready I made my way downstairs to meet Carson in the lobby of my building. He looked just as handsome as always, his black Armani suit fitting perfectly on him.

"Aussie." I felt his familiar scent enter my nose as he pulled me into his embrace. "Ready?"

"Yeah. Are you excited about your big night?" I smiled up at him lovingly.

"Hopefully my parents aren't disappointed."

"I doubt they would be disappointed, Carson." I reassured him.

When we arrived at the hotel, the press was there with their cameras flashing. Carson kept his hand on my lower back as we made our way towards the entrance. Reporters and photographers all attempted to get his attention while I smiled proudly at my boyfriend.

"Carson!"

"Mr Knightly! Is it true you were named one of the city's most eligible bachelors?" A blonde woman in a tight pencil skirt asked as she followed us up the steps.

"Not for long." Carson sent her a quick wink, sending the media into a frenzy, before we finally entered the building. I eyed him suspiciously at his comment and he just smirked down at me as we went to go meet with his family.

The evening went perfectly. All of Carson's friends and family showed up along with the majority of the upper east side. Even my mother came, to my surprise. I found myself speaking with one of the reporters who was allowed into the building.

"Miss Graves, do you see a future with Carson Knightly? Was there a meaning behind what he said outside?" She asked with her recorder ready and notepad out. A waiter approached and offered champagne to the two of us, and I grabbed a glass, not wanting to bring any attention to my pregnancy. Luckily, it was soon plucked out of my hand by a smirking Carson, who threw his head back and downed it.

"Thanks for grabbing me a glass." He winked before walking off. I playfully smacked his arm with a smile as he passed.

"You two are so cute!" Valerie, the reporter, gushed.

I blushed. "Thank you! And to answer your question, I definitely see a future with him, but I'm just as in the dark as you guys are!"

"So the pregnancy rumors aren't true?"