Chapter Six

Another beautiful day. The sun was shining in my eyes like yesterday. I opened the window and a gentle breeze slapped my face and ran through my hair. I heard the birds chirping outside and I knew it was going to be another good day.  

I entered the bathroom and brushed my teeth and washed my face feeling fresh. I got dressed into a blue, short sleeved top and a pair a skinny, blue jeans. I brushed my hair and let my hair out loose and it danced about when I went near a open window.  

Dad, Alex and Caitlin were already downstairs. My breakfast was already made so I sat down in the dining room and ate my cereal.

"Sleep well?" Asked Alex.

"Like a baby." I said, smiling.

"Oh and Abbey, your job starts at twelve. Should I come?" Asked dad.

"Sure you can. What time is it now?" I asked.

"Its almost ten thirty." Said Caitlin, looking at her watch.

I washed the dishes after having my breakfast and drank a glass of water. Mum always used to say that drinking water was really healthy for you and you should always drink it first thing in the morning. But I always seem to forget.  

Well, since its my first day of work in Men Town, I better have a shower and get dressed so I went into the shower room, which was opposite my room and had a shower.  

I came out wearing my fleece robe and a towel wrapped around my head. I felt fresh. I hurried into my room and put cream on and changed into a women'swork suit from my previous job. (I got fired for setting the place on fire and i'm pretty sure they don't want to ever see my face ever again.) I tied my read in a pony tail and put on some mascara and eyeliner and wore my black high heels and I was ready to go.

"Come on dad let..."

I turn to look at him and he didn't look so good.

"Whats wrong, dad?" I asked, nervously.

He was now coughing really badly and I knew for a fact he was sick.

"Not..." He coughed. "Feeling too good." He coughed again. "Sorry." He said and he coughed again.

I ran to the kitchen, almost falling over, and returned back to dad two minutes later with a cup of hot tea.

"Here, it should help. Look, dad, if you cant make it, its fine with me, i'll just get one of my sisters to take me. But for now you better rest. Bye dad." I said, handing him the cup of tea and gave him a quick hug and now all I had to do was tell Alex to take me to work and if she said no, i'll just ask Caitlin. Oh yeah, she doesn't have a car anymore.

I asked Alex and she said she'd take me. Luckily she was already dressed so we left the house within two minutes.

***

"Got the address?" She asked, meddling with the Tom Tom as we got into the car.

I nodded my head and handed her a sheet that had the address on it. She started the car and off we went. I was feel nervous but I think I can handle it.

***

"We're hear. Fancy building." She said as she parked the car.

I stepped out side and took deep breaths and said goodbye to Alex and I told her I would call her when work was finished. 

I entered the building and my heart was beating fast. Everyone was staring at me, it was probably because I was the only girl. I felt embarrassed but in a couple of months time I would be used to it unless I get fired of course. I walked up to the counter and told them my name and they told me to wait patiently for Mr. Jordan Smith. Jordan Smith? The name sounded nice, maybe he is a nice man. Now, I can't wait to meet him.