"birthday wishes"

michael's birthday was yesterday, so lets all enjoy this fetus gif of him being extremely adorable
happy birthday babe

25| "birthday wishes" part 1
I've been awake all night.

Like even after being up for at least 14 hours, helping my mom get everything together for the wedding venue, and hauling dozens of boxes of decorations into the hall, I still am not tired.

Which is really saying something, because that woman sure knows how to tire someone. Closing my eyes, I let out a deep sigh and curl up under my blankets, attempting to get some rest.

"Ugh," letting out an agitated groan, I twist around and fluff my pillow a bit before flipping it over on it's cool side.

Maybe that it'll work. Taking a deep breath, I snuggle back down into my covers and close my eyes. Now, please just go to sleep.

Ten minutes pass. Then, fifteen. Nothing.

"Fucking hell!" I shout, sitting up and throwing my pillow across the room. Running my fingers through my hair, I slip out of bed and head out into the hallway.

Tomorrow's my birthday, and I can't even get a decent hour of sleep. Walking across the hall to the bathroom, I open the vanity and scan my eyes over the labels of medicine, looking for anything to put me to sleep.

All there is is Luke's stupid hairsprays and his Neosporin, that according to him, 'can fix anything', and I groan.

"Apparently not insomnia."

Closing the cabinet, I rinse my face with water and dry before flicking off the light and walking back into the hallway. I don't want to go back in my room and since I can't sleep, I push open Luke's door. He's sleeping and I stare at him from where I'm standing, with my back against the door, before walking over to his bed and kneeling down in front of him.

Blond hair hangs down over his forehead, and his pink lips are parted slightly; quiet, little snores sounding from him. I shyly smile, and let out a slight laugh.

Luke stirs from his sleep, with a yawn. I watch as he stretches his arms above his head, impossibly elongating his lean body further, and he peels his blue opens at me.

A lazy grin spreads across his face, revealing his dimples, and he blinks, "Did you miss me?"

His voice is laced with sleep, and it's low and husky and my toes curl. My stomach tightens, and I can't help but want to curl up in his bed besides him, and listen to him talk to me all night. Blinking away my thoughts, I play it cool and I ignore him.

"Luke, I think I have insomnia."

"Annie, you don't have insomnia."

"Yeah? How do you know?"

Luke laughs tiredly, "Last week when we went driving, you kept falling asleep in the car on me."

"Well, I definitely have something!" I exclaim, laughing.

Sitting up, Luke looks over at his alarm clock. "Guess what," he calls.

"What?"

"It's after midnight."

"So," I mumble.

"So, it's your birthday," Turning around, he gently grabs my forearms and in a haste he's pulling me up and over him. Ruffling his hands in my hair, Luke smiles up at me and starts to sing, "Happy birthday to you ..."

"Ugh, stop!" I laugh, playfully smacking his hands away from me, "Luke, shut up!"

Luke moves his hands from my hair, still singing and I lean forward and cup my hand over his mouth, "Ssh! You're gonna wake our parents."