Please

He sat there through it all. Hours, days and soon a week came to a close. He refused to move from her side. He was there she almost wake up and there when she would slip back a coma. Everyone knew carried on like this, eating as little as he did he would be admitted alongside her. Merlin, was he going to kill the guy who did this to her. All the cuts and bruises she'd endured had long faded. Yet, she still lay there lifeless.

He sat by her holding her hand in his, tears streaking down his face. Her chest rose unsteadily before dropping again. Blinded by tears he didn't see her breaths becoming more regular and stronger. He felt her grip tighten on his hand, the grip brought his attention back her. He could have sworn he saw her eyes flutter almost open.

Her breath caught in her throat, and then slowly became shallower.

"Hermione, please come back to me," Draco begged.

Healers would check on her condition every so often but other than that and the occasional visit from different Weasleys and Potters, Draco was pretty much left alone with her. None of their visitors seemed to be shocked or angry they were together but no one seemed why she was in her condition or who put her in St. Mungos again. Rose told them the spell she'd used to get them there. It was actually one of the ones Hermione helped work on after the war. The cloud checks the victim's condition, the vial stabilises them for he transportation. There hadn't been any real need for this spell after it was created so they had no idea that when the potion worked it also cleansed the drinker of any traces of magic they had been hit by, but it didn't take away the impact.

A week cud easily fly by in someone's life, but when you are sat by the side of a loved one who was in critical condition. May ever even wake up it seemed like a lifetime.

Draco would tell her stories from school, retell how they re-met and everything after. He felt her grip tighten and breathing strengthen from time to time but never enough to fully awaken her.

"Please, please wake up," he would beg.

"Just open your eyes."

Her breath caught in her throat. She shot up coughing violently. She took her hand from Draco's to cover her mouth. Unsure exactly what to do at the sudden coughing fit Draco sat there amazed she was awake.

After the coughing died down they were almost immediately surrounded by healers.

After they were satisfied that Hermione's condition had stabilised the two of them were left alone.

"Draco," Hermione croaked, her voice still sore from coughing.

"I'm here" he assured her.

"I told you. I told you he would try kill me. He thought he had as well."

"Weasel did this to you!?"

"Yea, he came round after you'd gone. He started screaming at me, he used the cruciatous curse on me again. He used it over and over until I blacked out."

"We have to tell them what he did" Draco told her.

"I couldn't do that to his family."

"He'll try to hurt you again. He might even hurt Rose to get to you."

"No, no he can't hurt my Rose" Hermione started crying, "he wouldn't, would he? Lay a finger or curse n his daughter, his own flesh and blood."

"That's why we have to tell them," Draco tried to reason.

"How do we tell them? We can't just tell anybody."

"Once the healer think you're strong enough they are bound to ask you about what happened. Just tell them the truth."

"Rose used that spell that you and the other experienced healers created after the war, Educet me adiuvet is it, good to know it works. The only problem is the potion that stabilises people for apparation also wipes any traces of what magic was fired at you."