Chapter 20.

This chapter is dedicated to Babieeez for all the votes and comments.

Thanks girl!

Enjoy!

~Bethany~

I paced back and forth across my bedroom while trying to get my thoughts together.

I took a deep breath and faced the person on the bed.

"I do like you Nate. So, so much." I sighed. "I want to. You're an amazing man and I can definitely see us together eventually. I'm just too scared to pursue it now."

I finished talking and looked for a response but only got a blank look in return.

"Are you not going to answer me?" I questioned, trying not to laugh.

Silence.

"Angel, you're the worst fake Nathan ever." I walked over to her.

She mumbled in her little baby talk before she reached her hands up to me.

"C'mere pooh butt." I grinned and picked her up just as the doorbell rnag.

I freeze and my head whips to the bedroom door.

Angel frowned and pressed a tiny hand to my cheek with a small smile, as if saying You can do it.

I smiled down at her.

"Thanks baby."

I pecked her forehead before propping her on my hip and walking downstairs.

Here goes nothing.

Angel pointed at the door and grinned, showing her two bottom teeth.

The knocking on the door continues before I swing the door open to Nathan...

With another girl?

To say the look on my face was shocked would be a major understatement.

More like confused as hell.

"Hey Nate." I said awkwardly before looking at the girl. "Um...hello? I'm Be-"

"She knows who you are." Nathan said before gently grabbing Angel from me and walking into my house.

The girl rolled her eyes before looking at me with a smile.

"Hey, I'm Natalie. Nice to meet you." She said politely.

"Bethany." I offered my hand and she slapped it away before wrapping her arms around me.

"I'm a hugger." She laughed after pulling away. "Hopefully you don't mind."

I awkwardly forced out a laugh and stepped aside so she could walk inside, before closing the door and pressing my forehead against it.

She's so nice.

I breathed deeply before plastering a smile on my face and joining my company in the living room.

Nathan was sitting on the loveseat while Angel was standing on his legs jumping up and down and giggling.

Natalie is beside him laughing as he makes faces at her.

The minute he saw me, he stopped playing with Angel and his mouth forms a straight line.

Uh oh.

"Natalie, you're welcome to a snack or something from the kitchen if you want. Me and your-..."

What is he to her?

"So me and Nathan can talk?" I finished, taking a seat on the adjacent couch.