Thirty-Nine: How to be Cheesy for Dummies

Chapter Thirty-Nine: How to be Cheesy for Dummies

“So, uh, is Liam coming home anytime soon?” I asked nervously to the females around me.

“Yeah, but we just wanted to talk to you. You know—the usual stuff, why you so brutally rejected our brother, why you broke his heart, made him wallow in his room,” the tiny brunette in front of me spat.

I gulped guiltily. I was so stupid. Why did I think it would be a good idea to spontaneously show up at Liam’s house to apologize? Now I was stuck on a wooden chair in front of a panel of Liam’s sisters and half of them looked like they wanted to claw my eyes out. Funny how about a week ago, they were singing about Liam and I’s business in a tree.

There was the tiny brunette in front of me. She looked like the youngest out of them all. Glasses framed her eyes ad she looked like the type to listen to punk music. She was pretty in the edgy sense.

On her left was the sister that was driving on the day Liam and I went to the soup kitchen. She was a dirty-

blonde and she looked like the oldest of the bunch. She had this tranquility about her and her eyes just screamed ‘wisdom’.

On the right of the brunette were twins. They may be identical, but their styles were not. The one closest to the brunette was bleach blonde and dressed to impress. Her twin, however, had black hair and was proudly sporting a hoodie. I’m pretty sure these were the two that were in the back of he car.

They all shared their brown eyes along with Liam. Yay genetics. They were all gorgeous too with their high cheekbones.

“Oh, come on Cam, you’re exaggerating a bit, don’t you think?” the dirty blonde to her left explained.

“No.”

“Sarah, didn’t you see how upset he was when he got home?” the bleach blonde on the right of ‘Cam’ asked Sarah.

“But he was fine after a few rounds of Jenga,” her twin argued.

“Anyways,” Sarah stopped the arguing. “We just wanted to find out more about you, Rena. Liam doesn’t really tell us anything.”

Cam scoffed. “I can’t believe you’re letting her get away with this so easily.”

“Come on, Cam. I’m sure the girl has a reason for saying no,” the hoodie wearer defended me.

“Lexi, even you jumped in joy when you were asked to prom and you were all ‘ewww, dresses and heels’,” Lexi’s twin pointed out. “No one says no to prom.”

“Shut up, Nadia.” ‘Lexi’ said after flushing.

Sarah cleared her throat as an interjection. “So, how did you two meet?”

“Oh my God, I know you,” Cam suddenly exclaimed as her eyes narrowed at me.

“For the love of…” Sarah muttered, probably exasperated by all the interruptions.

My full attention finally came back. It had kind of disappeared when they were all arguing. I thought it was amusing how they forced me into this chair to make me spill the beans, but they’ve done most of the talking.

“You’re Serena fucking Davidson.”

“I thought we already knew that,” Nadia commented. “…Wait, do you mean literally? Like her middle name is ‘fucking’?”

Under different circumstances, I would have laughed at Nadia’s cute confusion, but all the humor has been sucked out of me and replaced with horror.