9. Parent's Permission

Nanami POV

I finish writing the math class assignment that we were given today and glance over the clock. Perfect. I completed the worksheet on time and now I don't have any homework to do when I go home.

"Urghhh how do you do this?" The short black hair girl sitting next to me mumbles to herself as she erases then writes then erases again what she did. "I hate math!" She agonizes as she grabs her head frustrated.

"Umm... do you need help?" I ask and her eyes widen.

She claps her hands together. "Yes, please! How do you do the third question?" She pleads.

I look over the question and remember how I did it earlier. "The antiderivative for sin (x) is -cos(x). You forgot to add the negative sign to cos (x)." I explain to her as I point to where the negative sign should be.

"Oh, I see!" The girl says as she adds the negative sign. She tries the question again and this time gets the answer. "I got it!" She excitedly cheers and turns to me. "Even though we're seatmates I never got to ask but what's your name?"

"Nanami Matsuoka," I tell her and she grins.

"What a nice name! I'm Yua Fukunaga," She introduces herself as she offers a handshake.

"Nice to meet you Yua," I smile and shake her hand.

Ring Ring Ring

"Nanami!" Lev waves as he comes over to my desk after the bell rings. "Are you heading over to practice?"

"Of course I am. I'm the manager. Are you coming with?" I question.

"Yep!" Lev grins then notice Yua sitting next to me. "Are you a friend on Nanami's too?"

"I am starting today!" Yua happily answers.

"Awesome!" Lev says and the two of them high five each other. Lev's gaze falls over her duffel bag and he notices a volleyball inside. "Ohhh are you in the volleyball team?"

I follow Lev's gaze and see the volleyball inside Yua's bag. "Wait you're in the volleyball team?"

"Huh? Uh, yeah I am!" Yua answers. "How did you two know?"

"Oh, I figured out because I saw the volleyball in your duffel bag," Lev points out. "I'm in the volleyball team and Nanami is our manager!"

"The boys' volleyball team! Nice! My older brother is on the team too!" Yua says and two of us stare at her wide-eyed.

"Wait who's your brother?" Lev asks and I purse my lips if I think of the players in the boys' volleyball team.

Yua has short black hair and cat-like eyes...

"Wait is your older brother Shohei Fukunaga," I ask.

"Ding ding ding. We have a winner," Yua winks.

"No way you two are so different!" Lev says in complete shock.

"I agree..." I mumble to myself as I imagine the Fukunaga siblings standing side by side.

The two of them are so different. If anything, the only thing similar about two of them are their looks. Other than that, one is more friendly while the other one doesn't speak so often.

"Hehe, my brother talks a lot at home. He's just shy," Yua giggles.

"Yua!" A girl calls out to her.

"One of my teammates is here. I'll see you in class tomorrow. Bye~" Yua waves goodbye and leaves.

"She's a nice girl," I admit.